This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Gasoline container safety

Have a safety tip you want to share? Did you or a friend learn it the hard way? Help someone else by posting your tips on tractor, farm, shop, lawn, garden, kitchen, etc., safety.
Forum rules
Safety is an important and often overlooked topic. Make safety a part of your everyday life and let others know how much you care by making their lives safer too. Let the next generation of tractor enthusiasts benefit from your experience, and maybe save a life or appendages.
hatchet
10+ Years
10+ Years

Gasoline container safety

Postby hatchet » Sat Jun 13, 2009 8:27 pm

This happened today while refueling the weedeater. It was hot here today , I was trimming around the back porch and paused to refuel. My wife took this opportunity to say something. As I lifted the plastic fuel container out of the cart , I flipped the lid off with my thumb, the pressure inside the gas can blew gasoline in my face, got some in my left eye. Thankfully I was wearing safety glass's . Let's use good judgement in handling any kind of fuel. Vent those cans carefully

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Don McCombs
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 21550
Tractors Owned: "1950 Something" Farmall Cub
1957 Farmall Cub w/FH
1977 International Cub w/FH
1978 International Cub
1948 Farmall Super A
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Gasoline container safety

Postby Don McCombs » Sat Jun 13, 2009 8:38 pm

Good post. I hope the eye is OK.
Don McCombs
MD, Deep Creek Lake

Proud Member of Maryland Chapter 39

The best teachers are those who show you where to look, but don't tell you what to see.
A. K. Trenfor

Return to “Safety Forum”