This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Lucky trailer accident

Have a safety tip you want to share? Did you or a friend learn it the hard way? Help someone else by posting your tips on tractor, farm, shop, lawn, garden, kitchen, etc., safety.
Forum rules
Safety is an important and often overlooked topic. Make safety a part of your everyday life and let others know how much you care by making their lives safer too. Let the next generation of tractor enthusiasts benefit from your experience, and maybe save a life or appendages.
John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Lucky trailer accident

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:05 pm

I went over to a friends place to remove my load leveler brackets from his dad's trailer, and had finished removing them, and was leaning over the front of the trailer to pick up my tool box from the bed when I apparently pushed on the trailer a little. I did not realize I had, but I noticed the trailer was moving. I thought it was on a pretty level place, but in reality there is no such thing in our county, and it was slowly rolling. I grabbed hold of the front to stop it, but was not able to. The jack stand was setting on a block 4" x 4" x4", and rather than the foot plate sliding on the block, the block was rolling over. Once the jack stand hit the ground I added my weight to the tongue and the trailer sopped moving. I called Jeremy when he got home and informed him what had happened, and mentioned it was probably good the trailer started moving when I was there rather than his young son, or young nephew who are both outside a lot. He agreed on that and stated he did not think there was enough slope there for the trailer to roll either, but apparently we were both wrong. He is going to put some wheel chocks behind the trailer, and also replace the block he had under the jack stand with one that is wide enough and long enough it won't roll over.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Indy4570
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 65608
Tractors Owned: 49 F cub, donor
50 Farmall Cub bugeyes(dead)
55 Farmall Cub Clementine
55 International loboy
62 140 Industrial The Beast
50s Allis Chalmers B
50 Ferguson TO20 Huppster
49 Ferguson TE20 Fergie
JD 790 4x4 w/backhoe
hinomoto diesel 4x4, early to mid 80s 20HP
73 Pasquali 4x4 diesel 33HP
74 Toro golf course tractor
Gilson 18HP
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Lucky trailer accident

Postby Indy4570 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:16 am

Glad you didnt get hurt! I have no level ground here either. I keep a supply of blocks for wheels in my truck. I have learned the hard way to block both sides of the trailer as well!
Circle of Safety
better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it...( YES this includes CUBS! )

T-Mo
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 63628
Tractors Owned: '40 H
'44 B
'47 Cub
'49 C
54A Blade
42 Woods Mower
Henderson Loader
Cultivators
No. 8 Little Genius 2-12 Plow
IH Running Gear
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Lucky trailer accident

Postby T-Mo » Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:56 am

I always put a 4 x 4 block of wood behind one tire so the trailer doesn't move. Where I park my trailer is about as level as I have on my property, but nothing in Missouri is level unless you live in a flood plain, and even then......