This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Tractor death in Granby, CT

Have a safety tip you want to share? Did you or a friend learn it the hard way? Help someone else by posting your tips on tractor, farm, shop, lawn, garden, kitchen, etc., safety.
Forum rules
Safety is an important and often overlooked topic. Make safety a part of your everyday life and let others know how much you care by making their lives safer too. Let the next generation of tractor enthusiasts benefit from your experience, and maybe save a life or appendages.
Peter Person
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 06076
Circle of Safety: Y

Tractor death in Granby, CT

Postby Peter Person » Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:34 pm

...another sad story. Not sure what kind of tractor was involved but it could easily be a Cub.

"An 88-year-old Granby man was killed when he was struck by a tractor Sunday evening, according to police.

The victim, identified as Gilbert Hale, was working with a small agricultural tractor on his property on Hale View Drive. According to police, when Hale turned off the machine and got off the tractor rolled, hitting him. He was pronounced dead on scene."

Source: Granby Man Dies in Tractor Accident | NBC Connecticut http://www.nbcconnecticut.com/news/loca ... z4ej2M8l4m
Follow us: @nbcconnecticut on Twitter | NBCConnecticut on Facebook

Even putting our Cubs in gear and setting the brake is no guaranty against something bad happening.

Peter
1957 Farmall Cub "Emory", Fast-Hitch, L-F194 Plow & Colter, L-38 Disc Harrow, Cub-54A Blade, Cub-22 Sickle Bar Mower, IH 100 Blade

Circle of Safety

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Re: Tractor death in Granby, CT

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:33 pm

We all of us work around these machines for many years, and it is easy to make mistakes. I realize that both due to my age, and a medical problem I had several years ago my alertness is not what it used to be, and have been trying very hard to be more cautious, both working with my old machinery, and in my driving. So far it has paid off, but it only takes one time of not being careful enough to cost you your life or a serious injury.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Return to “Safety Forum”