This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Another new member.

IH CUB Lo-Boy Series - 154, 184, 185 Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Lo-Boy related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
KSBOB
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 66048
Tractors Owned: Craftsman GT5000 46 Inch Mower
Cub 154
3160 Mower Deck
Cub Cadet Z-Force 44 Mower
DitchWitch R65 Trencher
M600 Bobcat
AC WD45
Bushhog
Blade
Post Auger
Plow
Disk

Another new member.

Postby KSBOB » Fri Jun 02, 2017 2:21 pm

Hello All,

Just purchased a 1969 154. 3160 Mower. Pretty typical old tractor, the sides are off the deck, faded and rattle can paint, seat is shot. But it runs drives and mows, unless you are on a hill. Then it dies a slow death.

Pulled the head off and I can see I have one replacement piston in #1 the others match. The plugs and head gasket look uniform in fire pattern and color. with the pistons at the top of the bore looks great. Half way down the cylinder I can actually see the ring gap. I am assuming this is far too much bore wear to re-ring so I am looking for a re-builder here on the forum. I can do it if I have to, but would rather pay someone that does it regularly.

Oh, I am in Leavenworth Kansas, if that makes a difference.

Happy Friday.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to “Lo-Boy Series - 154, 184, 185”