This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

PTO Front Pulley or Bearing Noisy

IH CUB Lo-Boy Series - 154, 184, 185 Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Lo-Boy related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
CrimzonRider
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 73727

PTO Front Pulley or Bearing Noisy

Postby CrimzonRider » Sat May 14, 2016 11:20 pm

First of all, thanks to all for the info on this forum, learned a lot in the last couple weeks since buying a 154.

Finally had some time to do some TLC fiddling, and I think I have found the noisy "area" of the problem, being at rear of engine or between the pedals.
I can barely see a pulley & belt under dash which I am pretty sure where the noise is coming from,.... which I am guessing is the culprit.

Can anyone give me the correct name for that pulley & bearings on both the shaft that goes to the clutch and the PTO shaft? and maybe a good online place to buy??, if allowed....

Is there anything else that I should look for when I get it disassembled. Clutch isnt slipping and drives straight, so I think I am okay in those 2 areas. It was stored under a carport, but used a few times every year, starts good, motor rebuilt, no leaks and all in all seems somewhat taken care of over the years though I might have to get some bearing also for the mower deck.

thanks again
Christopher

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

staninlowerAL
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 36558
Tractors Owned: Cubs: (3)'49's, (1 is for parts), (1)'57 IH Cub LoBoy w/FH, (2)154 Number Series Loboys, (1 is for parts), '76 Longstripe w/FH, Mowers: C-22, Bush Hog 412, Pennington 59, Woods RM42CF, Woods 42, assorted FCub plows, planters, discs, etc. OTHERS: '49 AC B & Ind. Sickle mower, '61 AC D12 Ser 2, '52 8N, '56 Ferguson 35 Deluxe, '47 & '49 Avery V, '53 MM BG (offset), '51 JD M (regular), '56 JD 420C, with Blade and fire plow, '85 JD 850 (Yanmar) w/72" belly mower, '76? Yanmar 2TR15 1500 & Bush Hog SQ42S-2 mower, '78? FORD Dexta, '86 FORD LGT14D & 48" Mower, (2)Cub Cadets & Mowers (MTD), (4) Sears Surburban's, other MTD mowers, Jeeps & other misc. "treasures"
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: PTO Front Pulley or Bearing Noisy

Postby staninlowerAL » Sun May 15, 2016 8:05 am

CrimzonRider wrote:Can anyone give me the correct name for that pulley & bearings on both the shaft that goes to the clutch and the PTO shaft? and maybe a good online place to buy??, if allowed....

Is there anything else that I should look for when I get it disassembled. .....
Sorry I don't have the answers to your questions directly but have a look at the owners and attachments manuals under NUMBERED SERIES CUBS as well as the parts manuals in the links at the top of this page. I'm pretty sure you will find some help there to answer your questions. http://www.farmallcub.com/[ Sorry, direct links to manual section is not allowed. ]/index.p ... bs&order=0
Stan in LA (lower AL)
USAF & Reserves, Reg ARMY, ARMY NG (AL)

CrimzonRider
5+ Years
5+ Years

Postby CrimzonRider » Sun May 15, 2016 12:52 pm

Sorry I don't have the answers to your questions directly but have a look at the owners and attachments manuals under NUMBERED SERIES CUBS as well as the parts manuals in the links at the top of this page. I'm pretty sure you will find some help there to answer your questions. http://www.farmallcub.com/[ Sorry, direct links to manual section is not allowed. ]/index.p ... bs&order=0[/quote]

Okay thank you for the link, any help is appreciated!!

Christopher

seahaul
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 28538
Tractors Owned: LoBoy 185 with Woods mower
LoBoy 184 with Woods mower and 3-pt
LoBoy 184 with RM59-LB mower
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby seahaul » Wed May 18, 2016 8:49 am

The noise most likely is coming from the PTO shaft front bearing, part # 549165R1. This is a sealed bearing mounted just rearward of the pulley on the front end of the shaft. You will have to remove the shaft to replace it. While you have the shaft out, check the pulley to make sure it is not worn and does not wobble on the shaft. Also, if the two narrow belts are worn, now is the time to replace them.

CrimzonRider
5+ Years
5+ Years

Postby CrimzonRider » Thu May 19, 2016 3:06 pm

seahaul wrote:The noise most likely is coming from the PTO shaft front bearing, part # 549165R1. This is a sealed bearing mounted just rearward of the pulley on the front end of the shaft. You will have to remove the shaft to replace it. While you have the shaft out, check the pulley to make sure it is not worn and does not wobble on the shaft. Also, if the two narrow belts are worn, now is the time to replace them.

Will do, thanks for the part #! & the right direction
I halfway planned to replace everything at one time, hopefully one and done.

Return to “Lo-Boy Series - 154, 184, 185”