This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Pressure Plate Pin on 154??

IH CUB Lo-Boy Series - 154, 184, 185 Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Lo-Boy related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Pressure Plate Pin on 154??

Postby BigBill » Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:06 pm

Questions??

Is the pin that holds the pressure plate on the input shaft on the tranny a solid pin or a spiral pin?

I have two 154's that have 5/16" bolts in place of the pins. I have 5/16" shoulder bolts to replace these standard bolts but I'd rather install the orginal pins if that was what they used.

I replaced my spiral pins in my cub cadet with the heavy duty spiral pins from McMaster Carr with no problems for years now. They list the force that these heavy duty pins can take.

I'm thinking if the hole in the input shaft is round and not elongated replacing the bolt with a pin should work.

I do have a good used tranny input shaft plus a complete tranny on standby if needed. I do expect problems from PO being butcher 101. I'll make it right again.
Well my son's will.
I'm technically misunderstood at times i guess its been this way my whole life so why should it change now.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

RaymondDurban
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 32536
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Pressure Plate Pin on 154??

Postby RaymondDurban » Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:12 pm

Wether you go pin or bolt, make sure that it or the one at the engine flywheel are one that will sheer if you get the tractor in bind. Better to replace the pin/bolt than something considerably more expensive.

BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Re: Pressure Plate Pin on 154??

Postby BigBill » Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:21 pm

On the parts list on the "partstree" site it calls for a coiled HD pin. Since That's the weak link in the drive train and meant there for shear if something goes wrong I'll replace it with the correct pin. The bolt I pulled out was wedged shaped. That's not the way to fix it with a loose bolt in the hole. I purchased a bag of the 5/16 heavy duty coiled pins. I did notice they have a high sheer strength. The orginal part calls out for a heavy duty coiled pin too.

I believe in fix it right once.

I probably have a whole 154 in parts on the shelves but I hate to use the parts unless I really need too. If I do I replace them from hamiltonbobscubs.
I'm technically misunderstood at times i guess its been this way my whole life so why should it change now.

Return to “Lo-Boy Series - 154, 184, 185”