This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

184 valve springs

IH CUB Lo-Boy Series - 154, 184, 185 Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Lo-Boy related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
mjr46
10+ Years
10+ Years

184 valve springs

Postby mjr46 » Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:01 pm

Hey guys, I'm looking for a valvespring kit for my 184 and it appears all kits say without rotocaps on exhaust springs, and the kit only contains the oem compatible springs 8 to be exact for the intakes.....it's obvious my intake vs exhaust springs are different, as my exhaust springs have the rotorcaps/rotators.......where can I find a compatible kit that'll have exhaust and intake springs to fit my needs??

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Bob McCarty
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 80501
Tractors Owned: Cubs, MH Pony, Shaw, Allis G, 1934 Silver King, JD LA and LI, Gibson D, David Bradley Tri-Trac
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: 184 valve springs

Postby Bob McCarty » Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:08 pm

Messick's (IH Dealer) shows them with 2 different part #'s, so you should be able to get them from a dealer. What was confusing is that it appears that some of the springs were the same with or without rotocaps, and a second part # when rotocaps were present.

Bob
"We don't need to think more,
we need to think differently."
-Albert Einstein

mjr46
10+ Years
10+ Years

Re: 184 valve springs

Postby mjr46 » Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:11 pm

Bob McCarty wrote:Messick's (IH Dealer) shows them with 2 different part #'s, so you should be able to get them from a dealer. What was confusing is that it appears that some of the springs were the same with or without rotocaps, and a second part # when rotocaps were present.

Bob

I have rotocaps on mine and you can visably tell the valve springs are different on intake vs exhaust.

Return to “Lo-Boy Series - 154, 184, 185”