This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Replacement bad new S/G on ebay

IH CUB Lo-Boy Series - 154, 184, 185 Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Lo-Boy related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Replacement bad new S/G on ebay

Postby BigBill » Fri Jun 27, 2014 7:13 pm

Last year I purchased a replacement New starter/generator on eBay.
NOT PURCHASED FROM HAMILTONBOBSCUBS. After all my son's work the last problem is this brand new starter starts fine but after it gets hot the starter part of it didn't turn over the engine. The battery is getting 13+ volts when it's running. The new starter is banging away when it clicks so the voltage is there. If we jump it when it's hot it will start. I guess my son's will fix this next.

I think the new S/G is from China.
I'm technically misunderstood at times i guess its been this way my whole life so why should it change now.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Replacement bad new S/G on ebay

Postby Eugene » Fri Jun 27, 2014 7:38 pm

I have an excuse. CRS.

BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby BigBill » Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:04 pm

When it's cold the starter works. My son fixed the ground wire we have 13+ volts at the tranny cover. The engine toys over when it's cold. Nothing happens at the starter when it's hot only the loud solenoid click.
This new solenood really bangs in so it has plenty of voltage. My son installed a new wire harness so I'm sure all the connections are clean. I have a used starter to try next.
I'm technically misunderstood at times i guess its been this way my whole life so why should it change now.

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Eugene » Sat Jun 28, 2014 11:44 am

My thought, rebuild or have rebuilt the original USA manufactured starter/generator. Quality of finished product will probably be much better than you can get from an unknown e-bay item.
I have an excuse. CRS.

BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby BigBill » Sat Jun 28, 2014 12:09 pm

I have the old one and I have new brushes and the bearings here in-house. I just got lazy since I been sick. I purchased the new s/g about a year and a half ago. Then I purchased most of the electrical stuff brand new so my problems would be over. But now it's running.

Return to “Lo-Boy Series - 154, 184, 185”