This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Request pictures and details of oem fuel setup

IH CUB Lo-Boy Series - 154, 184, 185 Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Lo-Boy related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Loboyjeff
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 55713

Request pictures and details of oem fuel setup

Postby Loboyjeff » Fri Jun 13, 2014 7:18 am

First off I want to thank everyone on this site. I've been looking at it for awhile now fixing issues with our cub. I'm going through it giving it the much needed attention it hasn't had in years. This site has helped a lot with things we've struggled on. Next fall I'm planning a full restoration hopefully.
Ours is I believe a 69 lo boy 154. With a belly mower and 3 point hitch.

What I'm in search of is a picture of the fuel setup everyone is running. We have a mess from the previous owner the sediment bowl is too small and in the wrong spot. And I have the right one that goes under the tank but I'm not certain what everyone is using to convert that over to a flexible fuel line and what size fuel line are you guys using? I'm leaving work at 1 to work on it and am hoping to pickup parts on the way home. Thanks for any help in advance.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Bill Hudson
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 44057
Tractors Owned: 57 F-Cub - Dad & Mom's Cub
77 F-Cub - Red Long Stripe
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Request pictures and details of oem fuel setup

Postby Bill Hudson » Fri Jun 13, 2014 8:35 am

Jeff,

I don't have any pics of a 154 fuel line, however, I (as well as others) use 5/16" brake line to make fuel lines. Cut of the flared ends and use compression fittings, works great. I'll shoot some pics of what I use and post them later this morning. The only 154 that I have made a fuel line for is 45 miles away. :)

Bill
Bill

"The probability of life originating from accident is comparable to the probability of the unabridged dictionary resulting from an explosion in a printing shop." Edwin Conklin, biologist

Member of Ohio Chapter #6

Loboyjeff
5+ Years
5+ Years

Postby Loboyjeff » Fri Jun 13, 2014 8:53 am

Thank you very much i was thinking of trying to get a barbed line in the threaded part of the bowl if I can find one at the hardware store that fits.

Barnyard
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 45030
Tractors Owned: At This Time
40 Farmall Cubs (Round Hood)
2 Farmall Cub (Square Hood)
2 IH Cubs (Square Hood)
5 Lo-Boys (Round Hood)
2 Lo-Boys (Square Hood)
2 Farmall 404's
1 Farmall H
1 Ferguson 20
1 Cub Cadet 125
1 Kubota B-7100

Postby Barnyard » Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:24 am

Loboyjeff wrote:i was thinking of trying to get a barbed line in the threaded part of the bowl if I can find one at the hardware store that fits.

Keep in mind, the correct thread is 1/2"-20 thread on the carb bowl. A lot of people use a barbed line that is pipe thread. It will almost fit but will strip the thread. At that point you have problems. Be careful what you use.
There are two ways to get enough Cubs. One is to continue to accumulate more and more. The other is to desire less.

Circle of Safety

Loboyjeff
5+ Years
5+ Years

Postby Loboyjeff » Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:27 am

Thanks for the input. I actually just finished repairing the creeper drive and the sloppy shifter and got the rear end back in last evening. Now I'm waiting on a clutch, buttons, and a throw out bearing from hamiltonbobs before we are back in operation so I decided to go through the fuel system and such. Change all fluids just give a big once over for the season

twotone
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 15132
Tractors Owned: 53 F Cub
73 F Cub
53 Super A With Snow/Grader Blade
193 Plow With Colter And Jointer
144 Cultivators
22 Mower

Postby twotone » Fri Jun 13, 2014 12:35 pm

Not a real good picture, but it's pretty simple. Fuel bowl screws into tank, hard line to carb.
Attachments
005 (640x480).jpg
005 (640x480).jpg (208.42 KiB) Viewed 141 times
Know Your Cub, And Your Cub Will Know You.

Tom

Return to “Lo-Boy Series - 154, 184, 185”