This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

154 clutch noise

IH CUB Lo-Boy Series - 154, 184, 185 Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Lo-Boy related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Andrew Z
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 06234

154 clutch noise

Postby Andrew Z » Sat Jan 11, 2014 7:06 pm

I am getting a noise and vibration out of the clutch on my 154. It seems the pto pulley key way is loose and the clutch friction disk has some play as well. Would this slop mean that I need a new clutch shaft to cure this?

Thanks for the help

Andrew
49 Cub, and many other Farmalls and one Orange critter :)

This is Farmall Country!!

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

SONNY
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 61722

Re: 154 clutch noise

Postby SONNY » Sun Jan 12, 2014 9:55 am

Are ya talkin bout the PTO, or the MASTER clutch unit?----Both always have LOTS of "slop" in them and I dont know if new parts would help!---they seemed to come from the factory with loose/noisy/grabby clutches in them!---all 3 of mine are that way and after a $650 repair, they are still sloppy/noisy/grabby, so I just letum rattle and got used to the operation of them! LOL!! thanks; sonny

Andrew Z
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 06234

Postby Andrew Z » Sun Jan 12, 2014 8:55 pm

Talking about the drive clutch. Tractor seems to have a pit of vibration at a low idle but goes away after 1300 rpm or so. The rest of the machine seems low hour as in lack of play and wear. Was hoping to get the drive train in shape to that level

Thanks for the reply

Andrew
49 Cub, and many other Farmalls and one Orange critter :)

This is Farmall Country!!

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Eugene » Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:44 am

Andrew Z wrote:Would this slop mean that I need a new clutch shaft to cure this?
Remove the tunnel cover. Check to see where the slop/rattle is coming from.

I'm with Sonny. When brand new, without wear, the main clutch and pto clutch did not rattle. The set up/design of the main clutch has a number of wear points. Unless there is something loose or obviously worn, suggest putting up with the noise.
I have an excuse. CRS.

Return to “Lo-Boy Series - 154, 184, 185”