This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Lubrication holes.

IH CUB Lo-Boy Series - 154, 184, 185 Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Lo-Boy related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
welderskelter
10+ Years
10+ Years

Lubrication holes.

Postby welderskelter » Sun May 12, 2013 6:46 pm

I want to check the rear end and the final drives for fluid. For the life of me I cant seem to find in the book where to check. There are 3 holes with plugs in the back of the tractor. Do I need to fill there with hytran fluid till it runs out of all holes or what. 2 outside holes are in the final drives and center must be rear end and trans together. Hope thats right.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Lubrication holes.

Postby Eugene » Sun May 12, 2013 7:29 pm

welderskelter wrote: Do I need to fill there with hytran fluid till it runs out of all holes or what. 2 outside holes are in the final drives and center must be rear end and trans together. Hope thats right.
Correct. Fill to the level of the plugs.
I have an excuse. CRS.

welderskelter
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby welderskelter » Sun May 12, 2013 10:58 pm

Thanks Eugene. I suppose I can buy a syringe or something to fill them with from the parts store. Thanks again.

danovercash
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 28081

Postby danovercash » Mon May 13, 2013 7:14 am

Don't mix fluid types. Add same (gear oil/Hytran) or flush and fill with your choice. If numbered loboy may already be Hytran.
"I'd rather be a mechanic in the shop"- Henry Ford

252646 & 221525. 195897 (Gone, but not forgotten)

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor

Postby Eugene » Mon May 13, 2013 8:09 am

welderskelter wrote:I suppose I can buy a syringe or something to fill them with from the parts store.
Long, small diameter necked plastic funnel and some clear plastic hose. Hang funnel with wire. Add about 1/4th or 1/2 cup of fluid at a time until unit is full. You will loose a bit of lubricant when unit fills.
I have an excuse. CRS.

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319

Postby Jim Becker » Mon May 13, 2013 9:34 am

welderskelter wrote:Thanks Eugene. I suppose I can buy a syringe or something to fill them with from the parts store. Thanks again.

Most parts stores have inexpensive plastic pumps that screw onto oil cans. They typically have pickup tubes at least long enough for 1 gallon cans.

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor

Postby Eugene » Mon May 13, 2013 11:36 am

The screw on cap of some fluid containers is shaped like a small funnel. Some of these caps fit quart oil containers. Length of plastic hose. Works pretty good for hard to access points, specially if you are just topping off fluids.
I have an excuse. CRS.

A/C guy
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 17350

Postby A/C guy » Mon May 13, 2013 8:17 pm

Make your life a little easier. Take the plug out and get a "street ell" the same size. Turn it into the fill hole, with the elbow turned up. Fill until you see some oil in the bottom, then insert plug into the open end of the street ell.

A/C guy
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 17350

Postby A/C guy » Mon May 13, 2013 8:21 pm

Make your life a little easier. Get a couple of street ells the same size as the plugs. Turn elbow into the fill hole with the open end up. Fill until you can see a level in the elbow. Insert plug into the open end. Much easier than putting the oil in through the horizontal opening.

welderskelter
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby welderskelter » Mon May 13, 2013 10:16 pm

A/C you have an ides there. Makes life a lot easier. From here the only thing I can think of is they might get broke off back there. But will look at it in daylight and see what it would look like. Thanks

Return to “Lo-Boy Series - 154, 184, 185”