This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

154 clutch adjustment?

IH CUB Lo-Boy Series - 154, 184, 185 Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Lo-Boy related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
duff
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 47462

154 clutch adjustment?

Postby duff » Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:57 pm

:help: :lost:

OK, I am not the best mechanic at all! I replaced my clutch about 2 years ago and recently had some problems where the clutch was not disengaging so when I would depress the clutch and turn the key it would not turn over. Buddy was over and noticed there was room to tighten the nut down on the engine side of the clutch rod. He tightened it down and I was able to turn the engine over and got it to fire. Left that alone so I could put it back together. ~ 4 days later I put it back together and start the tractor, letting it run in neutral for about 15 minutes. As I put it in gear and realease the clutch it doesn't go into gear. In 1st it begins to move but only about a 1/4 of an inch, then it sits there like it is in neutral, no gears grinding or other odd noises.

Before I go messing around too much I need to know if I should adjust the clutch rod by moving the overall direction towards the engine or more towards the trany?

Thanks in advance.

duff

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

danmcdonald
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 60518

Re: 154 clutch adjustment?

Postby danmcdonald » Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:41 pm

Adjust the clutch so you have 3/32 gap between throw out bearing and pressure plate fingers. Once that is achieved adjust clutch brake to .010 between brake and back side of pressure plate.

Return to “Lo-Boy Series - 154, 184, 185”