This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Mower deck ID and questions

IH CUB Lo-Boy Series - 154, 184, 185 Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Lo-Boy related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Keith Seymore
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Mower deck ID and questions

Postby Keith Seymore » Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:27 am

Gentlemen -

I have a couple questions about the mower deck on my LoBoy;

first of all, here's our victim:

From what I can tell this is an International deck (as opposed to a Woods) but I don't remember the number/naming convention.

Now for the questions:

1) The area to the rear is open but there are some small nail/rivets which look like something goes there. Should this area be closed off?

2) There are home made rubber flaps on either end in place of a discharge chute. Should I have a discharge? On which side?

Are any or all of these pieces commerically available, or is it something I'll need to fab up (if required)?

Thanks in advance -

K

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

danmcdonald
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 60518

Re: Mower deck ID and questions

Postby danmcdonald » Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:30 pm

That looks like the HI deck I have the woods so cant help you but just wanted to say nice looking tractor.

SONNY
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 61722

Postby SONNY » Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:43 pm

If its IH mower, it will have 3 different belts, 1 from pto to center mower, (main drive), from that pulley a left blade belt and another to the right blade --- mine is model 3160 --- If Woods it has only 1 long snaky/twisty belt!---model would be either LB-59 or just 59
get rid of all the flaps around the deck!!!---let the grass fly out where ever it wants! --(does better mowing job and takes lots less power! thanks; sonny

Keith Seymore
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Postby Keith Seymore » Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:20 am

Thanks, Dan. I'm enjoying the heck out of it.

Thanks, Sonny. Definitely an IH mower with three belts. Model 3160 sounds right to me.

Regarding the closeouts and chute: It hadn't occured to me to leave it as is; I'll give that a try.

"Do Nothing" is certainly my favorite technical solution! :wink:

K

fordyford
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 37857

Postby fordyford » Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:56 am

Looks like the 3160 that I have on my 184 LoBoy.

Mine has a steel cover plate on the left side (EBay item) and is open on the right. Search for IH 3160 and you can find the parts blowup. I presume that it is a safety feature, if you mt/dismt from the left.

There is also a steel rock guard that bolts to the front edge. Looks like yours is rubber(?)

The back is open on mine, and that's a good thing as this model discharges poorly out the side if 1) the grass is a little damp, 2) the grass is too high 3) all of the above.

If #3 occurs, the clog will stall the mower blades! Another PITA! Apparently improvements were made on the 3160A model and the Woods. Would probably cut better with the left safety guard off! :roll:
Some of my ancestors mighta hanged by their necks, but none of them ever hanged by their tails.

Return to “Lo-Boy Series - 154, 184, 185”