This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Problem plowing snow

IH CUB Lo-Boy Series - 154, 184, 185 Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Lo-Boy related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Problem plowing snow

Postby BigBill » Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:50 pm

My int154 using my duo cross chains worked great in the past plowing heavy wet snow. The first snow we got i had problems. I noticed it wasn't the tractor, i realized the ground wasn't frozen solid yet. the chains were digging in. Now with the second snow with the ground finally froze she is plowing now.
I'm technically misunderstood at times i guess its been this way my whole life so why should it change now.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

outdoors4evr
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 48370
Tractors Owned: 184

Re: Problem plowing snow

Postby outdoors4evr » Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:59 am

Seems like chains digging into the ground would not really cause problems plowing snow, but would increase the traction.
Well, maybe the plow would also be picking up a little dirt/gravel as well as digging up the lawn.
184 w/ Creeper & 3-Point
IH 3160a Mower
IH Model 15 Tiller
IH-54 Blade

Return to “Lo-Boy Series - 154, 184, 185”