This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

154 clutch flywheel

IH CUB Lo-Boy Series - 154, 184, 185 Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Lo-Boy related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
mason79
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 45693

154 clutch flywheel

Postby mason79 » Sun Aug 28, 2011 3:50 pm

i have a 154 im using to mow with. my dad being retired and bored wanted to mow for me. he was bad about grinding the gears and managed to shear the pin that runs through the clutch flywheel and input shaft. now the hole through the clutch flywheel is wobbled out and everything is loose. i was wondering if i could redrill that as it sets and put a hardened bolt through it just to get by for the rest of the year. the back side of the clutch flyweel is slotted so i was thinking i could tighten everthing up enough to get by. i just got laid off and cant afford to put alot of money into this thing and i am needing to mow. p.s. i tried a bolt but with it being wobbled out could not get it tight, thats why i was thinking of redrilling.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

mason79
10+ Years
10+ Years

Re: 154 clutch flywheel

Postby mason79 » Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:42 am

do you all think this will work or am i wasting my time.

Landreo
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 29130
Tractors Owned: fcub(5)
tricycle cub
154 (4)
Earthmaster (2)
JD 40T, JD 420 crawler-loader, JD MT
JD Unstyled A, Styled A, Unstyled AR
JD H
Centaur Tractor
AC Model C, G
Cub Cadets (9)
Gibson D
Red-E
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Landreo » Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:10 am

It may be worth a try if the drill needs to be only slightly larger. Drilling out a lot may weaken the trans input shaft. The bolt needs to be amazingly tight.

mason79
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby mason79 » Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:28 am

thanks for the response. i found out the input shaft was wobbled out also so im not really hurting anything i didnt already have to fix. hopeully its gets me through this year and this winter i can fix it right. that is some tough drilling.

BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Postby BigBill » Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:51 pm

Is the clutch flywheel brake adjusted correctly? The throwout bearing should have .090" between it and the pressure plate fingers at the sametime the pucks on the flywheel brake should have .010" with the clutch pedal all the way up. The flywheel brake should stop the flywheel movement so it can be shifted with out grinding.
I'm technically misunderstood at times i guess its been this way my whole life so why should it change now.

BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Postby BigBill » Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:56 pm

mason79 wrote:thanks for the response. i found out the input shaft was wobbled out also so im not really hurting anything i didnt already have to fix. hopeully its gets me through this year and this winter i can fix it right. that is some tough drilling.

I already purchased an extra input tranny shaft from hamiltonbobscubs on ebay just incase one of mine ever gets wallowed out too. I also purchased an extra 154 complete tranny and 3 sets of final drives too. I'll be running 3 int154's so sooner or later the parts maybe needed or not. Some parts do interchange with the fcub too like the 154 final inners(some). I have extra tranny gear sets, forks, clutch rods, ect all inhouse. I have my own auto palace of int154 parts. I did the samething with the cadet parts and i have a shelf full of fcub parts on hand too. The kids should have enough parts to run them in there lifetime too. Bill
I'm technically misunderstood at times i guess its been this way my whole life so why should it change now.

Return to “Lo-Boy Series - 154, 184, 185”