This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Is it snowing yet?

IH CUB Lo-Boy Series - 154, 184, 185 Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Lo-Boy related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Garland Terry
10+ Years
10+ Years

Is it snowing yet?

Postby Garland Terry » Sun Dec 20, 2009 9:12 pm

I see where it snowed a little bit up north. I guess that means all the low boys are out working like a July 3rd thrash'in bee. Oh well it was 55 degrees,calm winds and unlimited celings here. I just can't bring myself to go out in this terrible weather. Hopefully we will get a big ice storm next week. The weatherliar is calling for it. :P :roll: :wink: Merry Christmas GT

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Bill E Bob
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 74070
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Is it snowing yet?

Postby Bill E Bob » Sun Dec 20, 2009 10:46 pm

I concur, looking forward to the alleged ice storm. This 55 degree weather just ain't right.

Bill (another Okie) Brown

BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Postby BigBill » Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:28 am

Well we didn't get a lot of snow we just got 6" to 8" in the northwest the southeast got hit the hardest with 26" of snow. Its really light snow nothing heavy.

Since the weather pattern all summer was in many inches of rain fall 2" to 5" i figure were going to get the heavy snows soon if it continues on the same summer pattern. I have my int154 with a plow, my fcub with a plow, my jeep 4x4 tractor with a plow and were putting a 42" snowblower on my 108 with the creeper so i can blow the snow farther away if the plowing gets the amounts too high. I'd rather be ready for anything the global warming throws at us.

I don't believe in global warming anyhoo i think its the 25,000 year earth cycle thats comming to an end. I believe the north and south poles will shift positions by 2012. Us in the cold northeast may have some tropical weather soon. I could sell my snowplows to the people down south were te snow will go. You just gotta love the history channel and there predictions. (kidding) :{_}: :{_}: :{_}: :{_}: :{_}: :{_}: :{_}: :{_}: :{_}: :{_}: :{_}: :{_}:
I'm technically misunderstood at times i guess its been this way my whole life so why should it change now.

JGtools
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 55325
Tractors Owned: 1958 ih 340 utility
1950 farmall cub
1948 ford 8n
kubota 3240
IH 154 loboy

Postby JGtools » Tue Dec 22, 2009 7:38 pm

Here in Minnesota, they are talking heavy snow for the the next few days. I would rather see the snow, and not so much ice. happy holidays everyone,Jim

Garland Terry
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Garland Terry » Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:15 pm

Welll Bill E Bob. I may be shootin my mouth off. It looks like 8 inches or so forcast for your country. These fellows up north laugh at such a pitiful amount of the devils powder. What they don't understand is that is the way we measure it is, "how deep it is stuck on the wall of the barn 6 feet off the ground." It is pretty funny how the news gets us ready for it. Every snow in Oklahoma is looked for and prepared for like the D-Day invasion. The lows are supposed to be 11 degrees that will put the windchill at 0 or better. That don't sound bad to the average Great Lake sailor, but hellfire it goes from 70 to 5 in 24 hours. Oh well, be sure and wash up the blue heeler. That way he won't stink so bad when you let him in to keep the house warm! Remember 1987? we had 6 inches of snow...........course it was on top of 4 inches of ice. We got bored and decided to go Ice fishin. That means you put the chains on and drive into town and have catfish at Jake's Rib. The best way to do it is take the outside duals off, put chains on the front and rears, put her in 4 low and just go. I had better stop now lest they think I am bragging. Merry Christmas Y'all :D

Return to “Lo-Boy Series - 154, 184, 185”