This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

help needed on transmission flywheel

IH CUB Lo-Boy Series - 154, 184, 185 Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Lo-Boy related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
brfarmall
10+ Years
10+ Years

help needed on transmission flywheel

Postby brfarmall » Tue Dec 15, 2009 3:41 pm

i have a 185 that needs a clutch ,after removing it i found the flywheel on the transmission is wobbling .the bolt hole that holds it to the input shaft is warn but not that bad .is there anyway to tighten it up ? i dont think just by cranking the bolt down will do it. is there a bushing to fix this problem or do i have to buy a new flywheel

HAMILTONBOB
10+ Years
10+ Years

Re: help needed on transmission flywheel

Postby HAMILTONBOB » Tue Dec 15, 2009 4:38 pm

There is a bushing. Someone else will need to help on where to get one. Do NOT try to crank it down tight, or you will be replacing the whole unit.
Hamiltonbobscubs

b52c130
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 07869

Postby b52c130 » Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:38 pm

Item #21 - Bushing, IH Part Number 404666R1, $16.11 at Messick's Tractor. See attached.
Attachments
185 Clutch Assembly.jpg
185 Clutch assembly

brfarmall
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby brfarmall » Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:47 pm

item #21 is the pilot bushing for the driveshaft,im wondering if there is a sleeve or steel bushing that goes inside the flywheel and over the trans input shaft

BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Postby BigBill » Fri Dec 25, 2009 8:37 pm

It sounds to me either your input shaft is worn or the bore in your flywheel is oblonged(wornout). Maybe a local machine shop could bore it and sleeve it? The sleeve could be tac'd inplace even if its a steel to castiron, a good castiron rod will weld steel to castiron successfully. Just follow the preheat for castiron welding and cooling(cover it with sand or old welding leathers so it cools slowly so no cracks or seperations will happen.

Or you can purchase another flywheel from hamiltonbobcubs.

To keep these awesome mowing machines running in the future i figure i would have a parts tractor on the shelves so when i pass on my kids will still run them to near the next century well maybe my grand childern will too beyond that. I purchased a lot of parts from Bob already to stock up.
I'm technically misunderstood at times i guess its been this way my whole life so why should it change now.