This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

IH 3260 rotary belly mower blade/spindle question

IH CUB Lo-Boy Series - 154, 184, 185 Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Lo-Boy related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
mgc119
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 64138

IH 3260 rotary belly mower blade/spindle question

Postby mgc119 » Sun Nov 15, 2009 7:42 am

Hello all, just got my account activated a couple of days ago and I'm ready to pose my first question.

I have an IH 3260 rotary belly mower and last week it got quite while mowing....(hmmmm, I thought that's odd). I looked down and saw a spacer and a washer on top of the pulley cover (little did I know it was so noisy because the bearings were failing). I stopped the tractor, walked back ten yards and found the left outer blade/spindle on the ground....oh joy! I thought because I had just overhauled the motor and had some cosmetic features repaired.

What I would like to accomplish here is finding a business that sells the complete spindle assembly, minus the spindle housing (although I could use new flathead spindle housing bolts). I have reviewed some of the posts regarding spindles and I have checked on some of the links w/ those posts. I found this site, http://ccspecialties.org/implementparts_2.html and they sell the spindle for about $75.00. I plan on replacing the center spindle too, because I suspect the bearings are failing on this one. I am also replacing the LH outer pulley and I believe gokart.galaxy.com has decent prices, along w/ good prices on bearings...but I really don't want to piecemeal finding the parts.

Does anyone have any recommendations or weblinks on where to find the whole assembly AND not at IH prices!?

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Garland Terry
10+ Years
10+ Years

Re: IH 3260 rotary belly mower blade/spindle question

Postby Garland Terry » Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:26 pm

Hold up there! them boys at IH have to make a living too! :wink: :wink: . There was one on e-bay a few days back. Have you considered rebuilding the ones you have? The bearings and races are common timkins I think. Unless the housing or shaft is trashed it would be easier to repair and thus know what you have as opposed to being at the mercy of the unknown. By the way I have found that my dealer parts are not much higher if any at all than NAPA, O' Reilys etc. The miracle of computerization allows us to have it broke off in us equally from all quarters. Are we healthy....yet :evil:

mgc119
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 64138

Postby mgc119 » Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:19 am

Garland,

I will look into O'Reilly and NAPA. My father is actually the one who worked on the engine overhaul and he used a variety of business', including O'Reilly. Thanks to this forum, I have been able to view the parts manual and we were able to get the parts, with their proper names, and sound somewhat intelligent, since I'm not much of a mechanic.

The left spindle is shot, but the other two spindles need bearing replacements. The left spindle needs pretty much the whole "system" of spacers, washers, etc...

I believe the e-bay spindles were for a woods mower and are not compatible w/ the IH 3260.

Boss Hog
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 23962
eBay ID: dmb2613
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Boss Hog » Mon Nov 16, 2009 9:34 am

They have them on there from time to time, E bay that is. Just keep a watch for them. All the parts are alilable from Case/IH but are HIGH PRICED. as you will have to get them a piece at a time. I have a few parts here can you e mail me some pics
Boss
IN GOD WE TRUST
All others pay cash
Boss Hog
Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely byJohn Emerich Edward Dalberg

Return to “Lo-Boy Series - 154, 184, 185”