This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

getting started

IH CUB Lo-Boy Series - 154, 184, 185 Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Lo-Boy related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
vtwarthog
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000
Tractors Owned: -----------------------
63 IH cub lo-boy,
74 IH 154 w/3pt & creeper
72 IH 454 diesel w/loader

getting started

Postby vtwarthog » Sun Sep 27, 2009 1:41 pm

Well I could not resist. I started removing parts from my 154. I may as well run 3 consecutive projects throughout the winter. I believe the yellow paint is "federal yellow"? I don't know the color of the white portion but I looks like a boat paint I often us, "hatteras Off-white" which is a polyurethane paint which I have plenty of. Are these colors correct? What are the correct colors and where can I get them. Where can I get new decals for the creeper gear label, the hitch/lift selector, the shifter, and the hood sides? Do any of our sponsors carry supplies/parts for a 154?
Paul Allard

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years

Re: getting started

Postby BigBill » Sun Sep 27, 2009 3:20 pm

The great folks at TM tractor are starting to get in 154 cub loboy parts which i'm very happy to see them do. Ralph did have some 154 parts a while back so i'm not sure if he is going to dismantle another int154 or not. There is always ebay with bobscubs now too former aka hamiltonbob. With 3 int154's now to keep running from my lifetime into my kids lifetime I been trying to get a complete 154 in parts on my shelves. I have already done this with the cub cadet parts already. Its great to need a part and go to the shelf and its already there. I have my own little parts house were i just change my hats.

For new decals if TM doesn't offer them I would do a search for them. I did get the hood decals on ebay but there is another tractor parts place who offers them too but i forget right now. (brain over load from my FEL project)

Gee i had ajob at the new car dealer once like that I was the Service Manager, the Part manager and the Mechanic too i just changed my hats there too. :{_}: It just brings back the memories....... :lol:
I'm technically misunderstood at times i guess its been this way my whole life so why should it change now.

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Circle of Safety: Y
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Sun Sep 27, 2009 5:44 pm

Paul:

The answer is the Cub Manual Server :!: Specifically the Paint, Decals & Other Finish ?'s where you will find the Farmall Paint Chart among other things.

I think the correct white is now 902 and the yellow is indeed Federal Yellow. The codes and paint cross-over's are there for the product's we know for sure. I would welcome any other data that you may be able to provide if your marine white is a good match for the IH 902.
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

vtwarthog
10+ Years
10+ Years
Tractors Owned: -----------------------
63 IH cub lo-boy,
74 IH 154 w/3pt & creeper
72 IH 454 diesel w/loader

Postby vtwarthog » Sun Sep 27, 2009 6:41 pm

Thanks for the help guys. I just cleaned out the other side of Charlene's garage so I'll have a place to work on the 154. The paint on the current hood looks original so I'll test it tomorrow with the marine paint. I quite used to polyurethane paint and it would be real easy to go with that color.

Just a few more days til bow huntin season in Vt. Were going to spend the first week black bass fishing in Conn/Rhode Island (block island sound) then come back for a couple of weeks of hunting. After that it's off to western ontario for the last week of rifle season in mid november.
Paul Allard

Return to “Lo-Boy Series - 154, 184, 185”