This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Cub LoBoy Drawbar Brackets

IH CUB Lo-Boy Series - 154, 184, 185 Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Lo-Boy related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
kajun
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 70775

Cub LoBoy Drawbar Brackets

Postby kajun » Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:00 am

Gang:

Need some help with this. My trac is 1960 LoBoy outfitted with Woods 42 inch belly mower. This is a working tractor.

Drawbar bracket on left seems to be worn and regularly falls out of the rear-most bolt. Can anybody give me directions on how to repair it. I suppose I could have one fabbed but would need a drawing. Is there such on the web? Are these brackets available somewhwere ?

If I go the fab way , I'm tempted to just drill the new bar with matching - mounting holes instead of the easy -off -mounts. The easy- off- mounts seem to be a safety feature , allowing the mower to come free if you hit something sationary , as I often do.

Your experience with the issue will be much appreciated.

indy61
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Cub LoBoy Drawbar Brackets

Postby indy61 » Mon Sep 21, 2009 3:43 pm

This should probably be posted in the Farmall Cub section because a 1960 LoBoy is not a numbered series.
I have a 61 LoBoy and in the process of mounting a Woods 42 to it. I will be glad to give you any help or measurements needed.
Here are a couple pictures that may be of some help. The first is a Woods 42 mounting bracket that bolts to the drawbar bracket. The second is the drawbar bracket.

kajun
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby kajun » Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:46 am

Indy 61:

Thanks for the response . Pictures they say -----; this is very helpful . Unfortunately , I have more questions.

My trac is outfitted just as your pictures show. My drawbar brackets seem to be as in good repair as those you picture. Bracket falls loose from jolting of machine on rough ground.

I'm going to guess that my issue stems from not being able to fully torque the rear most bolt. Do you thinkI can heli-coil that bolt hole ?

Bob McCarty
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 80501
Tractors Owned: Cubs, MH Pony, Shaw, Allis G, 1934 Silver King, JD LA and LI, Gibson D, David Bradley Tri-Trac
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Bob McCarty » Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:23 am

They can be helicoiled. You also want to make sure you are using the correct bolt: from TM Tractor- http://www.tmtractor.com/new/dr/324fp.htm

Bob
"We don't need to think more,
we need to think differently."
-Albert Einstein

kajun
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby kajun » Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:18 pm

Bob:

Good news. Thanks for the input.