This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

ignition switch replacement

IH CUB Lo-Boy Series - 154, 184, 185 Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Lo-Boy related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
motox500
10+ Years
10+ Years

ignition switch replacement

Postby motox500 » Sat Sep 19, 2009 5:04 am

hey all , was wondering what some folks here on the forum are doing as far as replacing the ignition switch on a 154 [ 1971] , it does not have to be the original, i was hoping possibly if my local auto parts store would have something that would work.

BILL

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: ignition switch replacement

Postby Eugene » Sat Sep 19, 2009 8:55 am

The easiest thing is to get a direct replacement from IH. You can pick up an ignition switch from your local autoparts store.

First thing to do lable each wire going to the switch. At the same time make a sketch of the function (make a wirng diagram) of the original switch. Post #1 goes to ??, perhaps battery. Post #2 goes to ??, off. Post #3 goes to ??, ignition run. You need to know where each wire goes and how the switch is supposed to function.

Visit the parts store and ask to see their catalog on ignition switches. Compare your switch function/wiring diagram with the wiring diagrams in the catalog. Once you select a switch, copy down the wiring diagram from the catalog.
Last edited by Eugene on Sat Sep 19, 2009 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I have an excuse. CRS.

motox500
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby motox500 » Sat Sep 19, 2009 12:09 pm

THANKS eugene i will give it a shot

BILL

Garland Terry
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Garland Terry » Sat Sep 19, 2009 8:55 pm

I replaced mine a couple of years ago. Case/IH had one on the shelf. They are very common and I don't think that it was all that expensive. The main thing was it bolted up and the terminals were bolt on and in the right place. They also had the correct headlight switch on hand as I recall. Let me know if you need a part number. Hell I will even get you one and send it to you if you don't have a dealer close to you. GT

Return to “Lo-Boy Series - 154, 184, 185”