This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

154 Wiring harness

IH CUB Lo-Boy Series - 154, 184, 185 Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Lo-Boy related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
BucketHead
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 01050
Tractors Owned: 1963 MF 202
1953 Super C
1949 Cub
1970 LoBoy 154
1949 M

154 Wiring harness

Postby BucketHead » Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:14 pm

Does anyone make a wiring harness for the 154?

I've noticed that a lot of the wires on my 154 are in very bad shape....so bad in fact that I believe that replacing the entire harness is a better choice that replacing individual wires.
Karl

Garland Terry
10+ Years
10+ Years

Re: 154 Wiring harness

Postby Garland Terry » Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:42 pm

carter and gruenwald. http://www.cngco.com/oem.electric.html go to this link and look up what you want. I bought one about a year ago. After spending several evenings soldering and crimping and cussing I broke down and bought a complete harness! best thing I did during this restoration job. sorry if the link won't go hot GT

BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Postby BigBill » Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:39 am

I been thinking of using a long pine board(wood) to have a template so i can use finish nails for each wire to lay them out one at a time then I can make more 154 harnesses in the future. You only have the ignition, charging system, key switch and the lights to do. On a snowy winter night it would be fun next to the woodstove making up a harness while sipping some JD cinnimum apple cider.
I'm technically misunderstood at times i guess its been this way my whole life so why should it change now.

Garland Terry
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Garland Terry » Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:39 pm

HAHAHA. BB, you desire a noble task. Years ago I worked for the superior coach company, AKA the New Bus Company, after an Okie with more money than sense bought it off the Canucks. What you are describing is exactly the way we used to build the harness. Needless to say the company did not last long. The method works well but it is slow and tedious. Of course we seldom have winter long enough for a project like that. Winter down here is measured by the domino or 9 ball game. One time I was in Florida for a CEU trip. My wife and I were in the elevator in our hotel and this young lady got on with us. She asked "where we were from". Which took me by suprise because up till then nobody would speak unless they were going to make a dollar ofn me. I told her we were from Oklahoma. She said in an almost breathless voice. " Oh... Oklahoma! You have seasons in Oklahoma!. I looked down in that pretty blue eye that she had tatooed on her forehead and said in my best drawl.....Why yes ma'am we have seasons in Oklahoma. We have tornado season, drought season, monsoon season, Ice storm season, and grass fire season....... and sometimes they happen at the same time. Bless her heart, that went right over her head. GT

BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Postby BigBill » Fri Sep 18, 2009 6:28 pm

If i can keep busy this winter i won't have to battle cabin fever. I'm lining up my work now already.
I'm technically misunderstood at times i guess its been this way my whole life so why should it change now.