This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Torque specs

IH CUB Lo-Boy Series - 154, 184, 185 Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Lo-Boy related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
LiL' Red
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 61423
eBay ID: woodpecker56

Torque specs

Postby LiL' Red » Sat May 16, 2009 6:11 pm

Puting a new set of blades on my 3160 mower deck, is there a torque spec? Can't find it anywhere in the book,which is incomplete, or in my frustration I could just be overlooking it :oops:

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

SONNY
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 61722

Re: Torque specs

Postby SONNY » Sun May 17, 2009 8:58 pm

Just looked in my book,--AND all it says is tighten blade bolts securely!---(honest!!!)---OK here is what I do with mine: start the nuts on the bolts, then put the 1/2" drive air wrench on them and let it run the nut up tight and hammer 3 or 4 times and call it good!

When I got my tractor 2 of the blades were ready to fall off and I gave them the ole air wrench treatment and ran 30 hours with no problems!---This afternoon I took them off to sharpen them again and put them back on the same way!

As to actual torque, evidently they dont give an exact number!-----Hope this helps you!! thanks; sonny

Return to “Lo-Boy Series - 154, 184, 185”