This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Another int154

IH CUB Lo-Boy Series - 154, 184, 185 Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Lo-Boy related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Another int154

Postby BigBill » Mon May 04, 2009 8:22 pm

I got a word about another int154 today and i went to look at it right away and before you know it, its gone already.

We need to get the word out on how bad these are so i can get more cheap...... :{_}:
I'm technically misunderstood at times i guess its been this way my whole life so why should it change now.

Keith L
10+ Years
10+ Years

Re: Another int154

Postby Keith L » Wed May 06, 2009 7:18 am

That's funny, but your right. They seem to have a bad rep, but I can't wait to finish mine and start mowing with it. They are difinitely more complicated than an F cub, but it has to be a better mowing machine than using my '55 loboy
Keith Lukachek
55 Lo (Woods), 57 Lo(in boxes), 62 Lo(105 mower), 50 for parades, 57 FH, 58 FH, 64 Loader (Ugly Duckling), 154 (Woods), 59(Woods), 49 SAV, 58 460U Diesel

BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Re: Another int154

Postby BigBill » Wed May 06, 2009 11:54 am

If you look at the sale records these really took off in so little time. These were out selling the fcubs for a while in certain years. After all there are more lawns to cut on estates that fields to plow on smaller farms. IH really found the nitch in the int154 series for home owners with large plots of grass to mow. I like both the fcub and my 154's and the cub cadets too but the int154 is very comfortable to mow with too "just set it and forget it" and enjoy the seat time. Its like riding on a couch when i'm mowing with the 154. When i want to just relax while mowing i use the int154. These are awesome mowers. My local lawn repair guy calls them "mowing machines". :mrgreen:

If i come home with another int154 i'll be in the dog house for sure!!!!!! But i won't pass up any tractor thats really affordable. I've slept with the dogs many times now so why change my ways now? :{_}: I see some on ebay that are very affordable too if there in your area.

I can understand why so many aren't really too crazy about the int154's some of these have been run really hard and put away wet. I've seen the fcubs go thru the same treatment too. Its really the lack of maintenance plus when they hear a noise they continue to run it rather than look and see whats wrong with it. My project 154 was parked because of a bad rattle noise. The engine was rebuilt not too long ago and the pulley on the pto shaft was left loose so it destroyed the shaft and the pulley. The PO must have thought it was a rod knock when he heard it and he did checkout the engine. Then he purchased another int154 and parked this one. Luckily i purchased both of them. On a good note my project 154 has a good engine thats going to cost me just rings/bearings/gaskets.

My point is if you hear your tractor making a noise check it out right away. If you continue to run it, it will cost you more in the long run to repair it.
I'm technically misunderstood at times i guess its been this way my whole life so why should it change now.

Return to “Lo-Boy Series - 154, 184, 185”