This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

The saga continues with TSC battery

IH CUB Lo-Boy Series - 154, 184, 185 Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Lo-Boy related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Jersey_cub
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 07727
Skype Name: Jersey_cub
Tractors Owned: 1972 154 Low Boy
1952 Farmall Cub The Little Red Binder

The saga continues with TSC battery

Postby Jersey_cub » Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:51 am

:spinning: Yes gentleman the saga continues.

Yesterday I called ahead to make sure the exchange of the 6v for the 12v battery would go smoothly,no such luck it turns out that they don't have the battery for me at that store, anyway I have the sales person on speaker and my wife asks if he can tell us when they will have the right battery :?: His answer and I quote "when ever they get here" we don't know when the batteries are coming.

My wife says, that's not an answer do you mean that know one there can tell us when you get that type battery in, he pauses to ask another person and come back to the phone and says no mam we don't know. My wife then says well can you check with another store to see if they have one, and she gave the person two suggestions of stores that we could go too. The sales person says yes and hangs up to call the other stores, calls us back and tells us that we can get the battery in Ringos which is aprox. 1hr 15min from us 58miles more or less since I have to exchange the battery and I know still need a new battery we take the trip.

You notice that the phone conversation went to my wife after I was told that they didn't have the proper battery in the first TSC. That's because my wife saw the expression on my face :big angry: and knew what was going to happen next, so I relinquished the phone to her :big give up:

We got the battery from the other TSC and came home :worthy: I installed the battery and the tractor started right up :thumbsup:

I figured out how many miles it took to get this battery and the total millage was 250miles my jeep grand cherchie gets 15 mpg so that means at 1.83 per gal of gas it came to a grand total of $30.50 more :stooges:

I told my wife If I had kept the original 6V battery and stored it for my Cub and just bought a new battery at sams I would have saved myself a lot of grief :tears:

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: The saga continues with TSC battery

Postby Bigdog » Mon Mar 30, 2009 12:54 pm

Joe - remember - Road trip with wife - priceless! For everything else, there's Mastercard! :wink:
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

Jersey_cub
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Jersey_cub » Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:01 pm

Bigdog wrote:Joe - remember - Road trip with wife - priceless! For everything else, there's Mastercard! :wink:

Bigdog: You are a man of few words and good advice :wave:

OH thanks for the battery chart, I printed it out and put it with my tractor manuals

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Mon Mar 30, 2009 6:17 pm

Joe:

Your better half is like mine.. Em knows when to take phone from hand and handle the negotiations.. me I don't have that kind of patience. I tend to use Navy words a lot :big what: :big shy: :big smile:
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Jersey_cub
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Jersey_cub » Tue Mar 31, 2009 8:36 am

Rudi:

I was thinking of calling you that night just to have someone to vent too, it was a tough one :!: As far as language is concerned I can mix up GI and heavy equipment operator pretty good :-:-): :censored:

The most important thing is I have the new battery :shock: and the tractor starts without hesitation :tractor:

Bill Hudson
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 44057
Tractors Owned: 57 F-Cub - Dad & Mom's Cub
77 F-Cub - Red Long Stripe

Postby Bill Hudson » Tue Mar 31, 2009 9:10 am

Jersey_cub wrote:
Bigdog wrote:Joe - remember - Road trip with wife - priceless! For everything else, there's Mastercard! :wink:

Bigdog: You are a man of few words and good advice :wave:

OH thanks for the battery chart, I printed it out and put it with my tractor manuals

BD,

What battery chart? Thanks.

Bill
Bill

"The probability of life originating from accident is comparable to the probability of the unabridged dictionary resulting from an explosion in a printing shop." Edwin Conklin, biologist

Member of Ohio Chapter #6

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:12 pm

Bill:

This one:

battery group and size

Bigdog wrote:This chart gives group numbers and physical sizes. You can measure your battery box and determine which group size will fit.

http://www.rtpnet.org/teaa/bcigroup.html

Jerry:

Would have been intresting to say the least huh :?: :?: :big smile:
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Jersey_cub
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Jersey_cub » Tue Mar 31, 2009 5:38 pm

There is some good news to report from all of my complaints of TSC and that is. Today the phone rang and it was this young man from TSC asking me how I made out getting my battery from the other store :shock: what a pleasant surprise it was that this young man took the time out to call and see how things went with me :{_}: That definitely renews my respect for that store and this sales person, it was a pleasant surprise and he deserves kudos from me.

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113

Postby Bigdog » Tue Mar 31, 2009 6:15 pm

Joe - I am glad to see that all customer service is not dead!
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

Return to “Lo-Boy Series - 154, 184, 185”