This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

The youngin's are taking over!!!!

IH CUB Lo-Boy Series - 154, 184, 185 Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Lo-Boy related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

The youngin's are taking over!!!!

Postby BigBill » Sun Mar 22, 2009 6:40 pm

My son came over with his girl freinds son who is 10 yo today. The kid is why i deceided to keep my speedex tractor so the kid had something to play with and drive when he came over. He has been keeping the batteries charged up on all my cadets last summer. Well he liked my #3 int154 cub today. I let him with my son along side him take my 154 for a ride with the creeper in low/low it was very slow. I taught him how to use the clutch and the brake pedals and to turn the key off if anything bad happened. My son was with him the whole time just incase. The kid had a blast with the larger tractor. I'm just taking it slow with him. My son also realized how good the reduction tranny is too.

I found out later how good the twin brake pedals are too. I was pushing the leaves into the garden with the #3 (same tractor) and the left tire started spinning and the tractor stopped. I hit the left brake pedal and she backed right out of the garden. The twin brakes are not only for steering the tractor you can switch the power to either rear wheel too.
I'm technically misunderstood at times i guess its been this way my whole life so why should it change now.

Jersey_cub
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 07727
Skype Name: Jersey_cub
Tractors Owned: 1972 154 Low Boy
1952 Farmall Cub The Little Red Binder

Re: The youngin's are taking over!!!!

Postby Jersey_cub » Mon Mar 23, 2009 5:48 am

BigBill wrote:My son came over with his girl freinds son who is 10 yo today. The kid is why i deceided to keep my speedex tractor so the kid had something to play with and drive when he came over. He has been keeping the batteries charged up on all my cadets last summer. Well he liked my #3 int154 cub today. I let him with my son along side him take my 154 for a ride with the creeper in low/low it was very slow. I taught him how to use the clutch and the brake pedals and to turn the key off if anything bad happened. My son was with him the whole time just incase. The kid had a blast with the larger tractor. I'm just taking it slow with him. My son also realized how good the reduction tranny is too.

I found out later how good the twin brake pedals are too. I was pushing the leaves into the garden with the #3 (same tractor) and the left tire started spinning and the tractor stopped. I hit the left brake pedal and she backed right out of the garden. The twin brakes are not only for steering the tractor you can switch the power to either rear wheel too.

That's great BigBill when the younger generation show an interest in the older tractors, most children love tractors and when you have them for there pleasure well that's the cat's ......My son and grandson have taken a real interest in the two that I have that's the cub and the Lo-boy. My grandson is to small yet to drive ether one as he is only four years old but he loves riding along with popie. When he does become old enough I will teach him how to till with the Lo-boy and cultivate and side dress with the Cub.

I don't have the farm that I grew up on however I can give him the experience that I had as a child with the farm equipment when I was old enough to operate them. And boy was I ever happy when my dad let me take the first run with the tractor. Times changed and farming was lost for many years after I left home and went into the Army in 63 but I somehow managed to get back to a small piece of land and know have a chance to give my grandchild the same experiences I had :-:-): .

That's enough reminiscing; you just brought me back with your post and I had to reply. Good luck with #3 and post some photos.

Joe

Return to “Lo-Boy Series - 154, 184, 185”