This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Installing a geared starter on the 154???

IH CUB Lo-Boy Series - 154, 184, 185 Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Lo-Boy related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Installing a geared starter on the 154???

Postby BigBill » Sun Mar 15, 2009 10:43 am

What needs to be ground away to fit the geared starter in the 154? Is it the frame or the engine?
I'm technically misunderstood at times i guess its been this way my whole life so why should it change now.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

RaymondDurban
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 32536
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Installing a geared starter on the 154???

Postby RaymondDurban » Sun Mar 15, 2009 8:34 pm

The frame will need to be notched for a 12V starter. I've never tried but I think a 6V starter will squeeze in there without cutting anything, but it will be tight and you may have to pull the engine, install the starter and reinstall the engine back into the frame.

Return to “Lo-Boy Series - 154, 184, 185”