This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

#3 Arrived Today woopie!!!!

IH CUB Lo-Boy Series - 154, 184, 185 Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Lo-Boy related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

#3 Arrived Today woopie!!!!

Postby BigBill » Thu Mar 12, 2009 6:21 pm

My 154 #3 cub loboy arrived today. I got to drive it around and play with the reduction tranny too. All these C60 engines seem to sound the same GREAT!!!! Well the oil is very clean, there are no noises in the engine, it has the orginal "IH" carb, both tranny's seem to work and sound great. This one has AG tires on the rear and 6-12 AG tires on the front too. The PO had hilly land so he put the AG tires on the front to eliminate slippage. It also has the orginal "IH" snowplow. It had a belly mower deck but the PO sold it but i got the rear mule drive and brackets. It looks like my luck in getting good tractors continues. But i always shop by my gut feeling too. I have to learn how to post pics soon.

The hits just keep on comming!!!! :{_}: :{_}: I got a guy who wants to buy my fcub, which i'm not too sure about selling. I kind of like the feel of the older tractor, its like going back in time. And i got another guy who has some CC stuff to sell to me.

These deals comeby every so often, i'm thinking its the moon or the line up of the planets is when these deals seem to pop up.
I'm technically misunderstood at times i guess its been this way my whole life so why should it change now.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

grumpy
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 15522
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: #3 Arrived Today woopie!!!!

Postby grumpy » Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:36 pm

Yup, full moon. Good deal. Grump
David Dee Mock-Leonard

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

Some days it's not worth chewing through the restraints

Keith L
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Keith L » Fri Mar 13, 2009 6:44 am

That's great Bill. I have 8 Fcubs but can't wait to get my 154 done. Seems like it's going to be a great machine for the mowing that I want to do.
A friend of mine just called me last night and said he has a set of front and rear floatation tires and wheels he wants to sell. He just switched to ag tires on his machine.
Keith Lukachek
55 Lo (Woods), 57 Lo(in boxes), 62 Lo(105 mower), 50 for parades, 57 FH, 58 FH, 64 Loader (Ugly Duckling), 154 (Woods), 59(Woods), 49 SAV, 58 460U Diesel

Buzzard Wing
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 02840

Postby Buzzard Wing » Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:53 am

Yep, sometimes they just turn up!

A good friend of mine found his 154 in MI... belly mower and a giant snowblower (5'). You would love the one sitting at the local CC dealer, nice cab and a truck snow plow on it.
1971 Cub (Rufus) 1950 Cub (Cathy) 1965 Lo Boy Fast Hitch (Nameless III) 1970 Cub 1000 Loader & Fast Hitch (Lee)

BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby BigBill » Fri Mar 13, 2009 2:21 pm

I have a SIMS cab in good condition with wipers and flasher lights that i'm going to install on one of the 3 154's. I think the winter time tractor would be better with the cab. I have all the radio's and a heater for it too. Soon down the road i'll look for a 154 snowblower. Right now i need to build my FEL/backhoe 154 first.

Right now i been thinking of putting all the optional equipment on one tractor like the 3pt rear hitch, the reduction tranny and the twin brakes. Along with my rebuilt C60 engine with the 185/184 hp upgrades. Then i have the best of the best in one tractor.
I'm technically misunderstood at times i guess its been this way my whole life so why should it change now.

rickguns
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 62301
Tractors Owned: 1952 Cub "Baby Cub"
Ford 3000
Kubota MX 5100

Postby rickguns » Fri Mar 13, 2009 6:21 pm

You be livin right! :D

BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby BigBill » Sun Mar 15, 2009 10:37 am

#3 int154;
I plowed with the reduction tranny yesterday and it works awesome. I found the carb is a little rich on start up but that can be the float level is too high. She sputters with the choke pulled out and starts up when i push the choke off. She's too rich. It should start right up with the choke pulled out and get loaded up as it warms up until the choke is pushed in. I just need to check it over good and get the bugs out of it. Again this one has just been sitting too these guys don't use them.

#1 int154;
My first int154 after the clutch adjustment was put insync with the flywheel brake has been running great going on 3 years now. Yoy can ask for a used tractor to be better than that.

#2int154;
With the temps warming up its time to fire it up first then strip it down to box and double wall the frame in certain areas so it can handle the FEL and Backhoe. We have to realize were we have to bolt thru the frame it needs to be a double wall rather than a blind box were we can't get inside to put the nuts on. You have to plan ahead on what process to use in what location. I have to start it up first to see if it runs or it needs rebuilding. My son is chomping on the bit to get started on it.

My 154 saga continues....while my fcub watches, but his turn will come soon too.

ToddW
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 54911
Tractors Owned: -
1951 F-Cub
1960 Yellow Loboy
Despeeder, FH Rototiller, / FH York Rake, FH plow, 152 Disk plow, Woods brush mower, Wagner Loader, Grader Blades, 23-A Disc Harrow. Spike tooth harrow
FORD JUBILEE with Sherman 12-speed
1953 Ford F-100 Jubilee
Cadet 108 with mower and snow thrower -Cadet 1650 with deck and thrower
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby ToddW » Mon Mar 16, 2009 2:43 pm

Congrats on the great find and latest addition :D

Garland Terry
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Garland Terry » Mon Mar 16, 2009 7:46 pm