This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

184 cub loboy questions

IH CUB Lo-Boy Series - 154, 184, 185 Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Lo-Boy related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Charles Zook
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 61607

184 cub loboy questions

Postby Charles Zook » Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:57 am

Good Morning,
I purchased a red loboy(ser.# 2000115u045327) 1977?? and it needs work. carb. is zenith,all disassembled, and should there be a identity tag on carb. for model # and other ways to identify carb. kit needed? Where on engine block are the identity no's., correct seat for this tractor, top for battery box, and suggestions on respected suppliers. The tractor needs loving care, some wiring problems to correct, such as elect. pto switch has been bypassed and other misc. items. Not sure what we will encounter once we get carb. repaired and engine running. Has 4 good turf type tires, woods belly mower, no 3 point, but does have creeper gear. Also missing the dogleg covers that go below back end of hood and shield the electric clutch/flywheel area.. I assume this is the "60 cu. inch engine?" and could anyone tell me the horse power for engie, pto, and drawbar? Thank You in advance for any help/responses.
C.D.Z.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: 184 cub loboy questions

Postby Eugene » Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:25 am

Welcome to the forum.

Most of your questions can be answered by reading the "FAQ" at the top right of this page.

Also use the search function at the top right of this page.
I have an excuse. CRS.

RaymondDurban
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 32536

Postby RaymondDurban » Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:53 am

Welcome to the Forum Charles!!
The parts (seat, covers) are no longer available, unless you get them used. HamiltonBob here on the Forum deals with the numbered series tractors and would be the first I would contact for parts on these tractors. He also has stuff on E-bay quite often.
Owners manual here: http://www.cleancomputes.com/Cub/Number ... index.html
Shop manual here: http://www.cleancomputes.com/Cub/I&T%20 ... index.html
As far as HP, originally had 18 hp, that is where the 18 in 184 comes from. If this is engine, drawbar or PTO, I'm not sure. The engine has 60 ci, referred as a C-60, but modified internally for the extra HP compaired to the older Cubs.
Best of luck. If there is anything else, let us know.

BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Postby BigBill » Sun Jan 25, 2009 3:21 pm

I got my zenith carb kits from mcdonald carb & ign on the net. They offer a few different carb kits for the zenith cub carbs. My recent 154 purchase had no numbers on the carb to tell what it is so the website listed them as zenith "cub" carb kits. You need to read what comes in the carb kit they will vary in price and the amount of new parts that come with it.
I'm technically misunderstood at times i guess its been this way my whole life so why should it change now.

John(videodoc)
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 61944
Tractors Owned: -
55 F-Cub - snow plow and chains
3 Demonstrators Restored.
"Bette" - 22 mower
"Roxie" - 144 Complete Cults'
"Sandy"(Done) 193 Plow
1950 Demo, "Billie"
-(Woods 59")
Corn Stalk Cutter
23a Disc
&
2005 Mahindra w/FEL

Postby John(videodoc) » Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:03 pm

Welcome aboard Charles, didnt see you standing there, as i dont normally come to this side. Did you get your carb's working? If not you may want to bring em along to http://users.wbnorriselectric.com/videodoc/
Sure to be a good time.

john

Return to “Lo-Boy Series - 154, 184, 185”