This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Zenith carb kits for the IH cub/fcub

IH CUB Lo-Boy Series - 154, 184, 185 Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Lo-Boy related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Zenith carb kits for the IH cub/fcub

Postby BigBill » Sat Jan 24, 2009 2:22 pm

I looked at my zenith carb today that came with my new int154 loboy and it has no numbers on it at all. I finally found "mcdonald carb and ign" on the net. He has the best prices on carb kits so far. I paid only $13 for each zenith carb kit for my cubs. I've seen the carb kits range between $57 to $28 at different sites. Luckily all my cubs have zenith carbs so i ordered 3 carb kits. Most of my wisconsin engines have zenith carbs too.

On the down side someone beat this carb almost into scrap but i think i can save it. Using a hammer can't replace installing a fuel filter and a carb kit. If its leaking it needs attention. They beat up the whole carb. So far there's no hammer marks on the engine yet or the rest of the tractor but it makes me wonder at least till i fire it up. I love a challange thats why we do this right?
I'm technically misunderstood at times i guess its been this way my whole life so why should it change now.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Garland Terry
10+ Years
10+ Years

Re: Zenith carb kits for the IH cub/fcub

Postby Garland Terry » Sun Jan 25, 2009 2:03 am

UH Riiight I do it for the theraputic release. A cub doesent back talk,, give excuses , try to kick you , or ask for a paycheck every 2 weeks.

BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Re: Zenith carb kits for the IH cub/fcub

Postby BigBill » Sun Jan 25, 2009 8:17 am

I noticed the higher priced kits come with more parts. But my throttle rod and choke rods are tight so i didn't need those. I just need the needle and seat and the flange and body gasket. So the $13 kit was a deal. This way i don't end up with a box of parts left over that i'll never use.

On my jeep tractor i was battling a dirt problem in the needle and seat for a while. I finally got tired of pulling the carb to clean it and put in an inline gas filter that solved my dirt problem. Plus i never beat the carb. My point is to add an inline filter before problems start when rebuilding the carb.

I have to thank "ED" too i purchased a junk carb cleaning system from auto palace. This is that gallon paint can that comes with the basket and carb cleaning liquid with a lid its so easy to use for smaller carbs. Before this i had the larger system that was a 5 gallon can.
I'm technically misunderstood at times i guess its been this way my whole life so why should it change now.

Return to “Lo-Boy Series - 154, 184, 185”