This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

lo boy 154 questions

IH CUB Lo-Boy Series - 154, 184, 185 Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Lo-Boy related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
bigfoot
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 99026

lo boy 154 questions

Postby bigfoot » Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:28 pm

Hi all, new to the boards here, I just recieved a hand me down 154 lo boy with a kwik-way front bucket I will be using for snow plowing. I have a couple of questions. First question, I have only low gear and reverse, any common problems that cause this?
Second, this old girl is in dire need of a new wiring harness, any tips on where to order one, or am I on my own to build a new one?
Thanks!

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: lo boy 154 questions

Postby Eugene » Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:24 pm

Welcome.

Wiring harness. There are several commercially available. Some of the follow on posters will provide address. The wiring harness on the 154 is pretty complicated. You can wire it yourself or purchase a new harness. I rewired my neighbors 154. I made up the individual wires as I went through the tractor. Cheapest way to go.

Next suggestion is to go to the "How to" section of this site and down load the wiring diagram for you tractor. It's listed under IH wiring diagrams.

Shifter problem. Remove the top of the transmission. My guess is that the 2nd/3rd shifter arm is broken or severly bent.

Neighbors 154 - I had to remove the dash to get to a lot of the wiring - ment pulling the steering wheel.
I have an excuse. CRS.

RaymondDurban
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 32536
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby RaymondDurban » Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:00 pm

Welcome to the Forum!!
The wiring will really depend on if the safety switche(s) and lights are still installed or previous owners removed them. If you remove the panels on each side under the dash, most of the wiring can be reached, all of it if you have monkey hands.
Here is the wiring diagram: http://ihregistry.com/wiring/K16.pdf
Here is the 154 manual: http://www.cleancomputes.com/Cub/Number ... index.html

This is a good thread covering premade harnesses, with several sources:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=36306&p=291533&hilit=wiring+harness#p291533

I agree with Eugene concerning the transmission.
Good Luck and let us know how it all works out.

bigfoot
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 99026

Postby bigfoot » Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:51 pm

thanks all!

Garland Terry
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Garland Terry » Sun Jan 25, 2009 1:58 am

yo foot. welcome to the cheapest fun in town. first thing is you need to build a 40x40 shop barn preferably heated and cooled. next you need a MIG welder, plasma cutter, Oxy,acetelelyne torch, 12 ton press, 80 gallon 10hp air compressor assorted jacks and jack stands wrenches, hammers, bandaids, etc. Please let me know when you get it together I need to borrow your shop next weekend !! :big smile: Have fun

BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Postby BigBill » Sun Jan 25, 2009 7:43 am

I think the wiring and the transmission is the two biggest problems that we can have with our int154's. My wiring on my first int154 is fraying apart, the insulation is just cracking away.

I would hope your second gear problem is just a fork problem.
I'm technically misunderstood at times i guess its been this way my whole life so why should it change now.

Return to “Lo-Boy Series - 154, 184, 185”