This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Final Drive Spacer

IH CUB Lo-Boy Series - 154, 184, 185 Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Lo-Boy related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
JimT
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 38482
Tractors Owned: 1949 Cub-Buttercub
582 Cub Cadet-Brutus
109 Cub Cadet-Bee-atrice
129 Cub Cadet-Artie

Final Drive Spacer

Postby JimT » Fri Oct 17, 2008 11:25 am

Hi guys and gals,

I put a request in the wanted section of this site and thought I would put it here also. I am looking for the final drive spacer shown in the photo as item number 1.

I have a project I am doing and need one of these spacers. If any of you have one and would like to sell it could you PM me. If you have one and don't want to sell it could you tell me how thick it is?

Thanks.
JimT

If you can't find it, don't lose it.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Re: Final Drive Spacer

Postby BigBill » Sun Oct 19, 2008 7:44 pm

I purchased a few from "hamiltonbob" on ebay. He has been parting out 154's and should have more. Go to ebay in the "int154 cub" section and contact him. I needed them for my 3 sets of 154 final drives.
I'm technically misunderstood at times i guess its been this way my whole life so why should it change now.

RaymondDurban
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 32536
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby RaymondDurban » Sun Oct 19, 2008 7:47 pm

JIm, what project are you working on to require these??
Bill, why didn't your 154's already have them??

BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby BigBill » Mon Oct 20, 2008 6:37 pm

My int154 cub has one spacer on the right side thats what it calls out for. I purchased extra 154 final drives to put them on a cub cadet tranny(maybe) in the future and we need the spacers to do that. I got a great deal on 3 pairs of 154 final drives. Just try to buy the bull gear by itself. (used) One axle new is over $400. With my bad luck everything breaks on a weekend just when i need the machine. Now i have gaskets and parts instock.
I'm technically misunderstood at times i guess its been this way my whole life so why should it change now.

JimT
10+ Years
10+ Years
582 Cub Cadet-Brutus
109 Cub Cadet-Bee-atrice
129 Cub Cadet-Artie

Postby JimT » Wed Oct 22, 2008 6:57 am

Screwstick wrote:JIm, what project are you working on to require these??
Bill, why didn't your 154's already have them??

I've got a 127 Cub Cadet that I am going to make a High-Crop out of. I need the spacer to put a short shaft final drive on the right side of the cadet.

Since Buttercub is done I need something else to do. This is why I warn people to take their time when doing their restoration. 'Cause when ya get done ya start looking for something else to do. :lol:

Here is what it looks like so far.

IMG_0003.JPG
JimT

JimT
10+ Years
10+ Years
582 Cub Cadet-Brutus
109 Cub Cadet-Bee-atrice
129 Cub Cadet-Artie

Postby JimT » Wed Oct 22, 2008 7:13 am

BigBill wrote:I purchased extra 154 final drives to put them on a cub cadet tranny(maybe) in the future and we need the spacers to do that.

Bill don't forget to turn the carrier and ring gear over to the other side of the tranny, otherwise your forward will be reverse. :? I would go ahead and buy the spacer now while you can. They may get scarce.
JimT

BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby BigBill » Fri Oct 24, 2008 6:59 am

I think i have 3 spacers here already.

On your hydro tranny all you need to do is switch the tubing right? Or do nothing your forward becomes reverse its the samey/same in any direction with the hydro right?

standard tranny:
I was thinking about turning the ring gear but if we turn the engine around we can keep the same gear pattern and tooth engagement the same right? Plus the ring gear is stronger in the orginal position too. Just a thought?

Then we can go with any size tires and rims?

I been itchin to get the 31"-1550-15" tru power ag tires. The 29"-1250-15" tru power tires are working great on my 70. I need wheel weights.

One other tractor project thought is taking a bolens 1053 tractor and tranny or a cub tranny and converting it into a Gibson type tractor using a large single cylinder wisconsin engine which i have already with a S/G on it. (starter/generator) Then i can run the 7-24 AG tires on the rear.

JimT
10+ Years
10+ Years
582 Cub Cadet-Brutus
109 Cub Cadet-Bee-atrice
129 Cub Cadet-Artie

Postby JimT » Fri Oct 24, 2008 3:50 pm

BigBill wrote:On your hydro tranny all you need to do is switch the tubing right? Or do nothing your forward becomes reverse its the samey/same in any direction with the hydro right?

I have already switched the ring gear/carrier over to the other side. I thought about leaving it and like you said use reverse for forward. But forward is faster than reverse and with the double reduction I'm going to need all the forward motion this thing can give. :)

You mentioned "switch the tubing". What does this do?
JimT

BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby BigBill » Fri Oct 24, 2008 4:47 pm

If you can switch the tubing you can make forward a reverse and reverse a forward? If i'm thinking correctly but the Ih hydraulics maybe different? Its like switching the two lines on the control vavle.

JimT
10+ Years
10+ Years
582 Cub Cadet-Brutus
109 Cub Cadet-Bee-atrice
129 Cub Cadet-Artie

Postby JimT » Sat Oct 25, 2008 6:40 am

BigBill wrote:If you can switch the tubing you can make forward a reverse and reverse a forward? If i'm thinking correctly but the Ih hydraulics maybe different? Its like switching the two lines on the control vavle.

There is only one line on the hydrostat. It runs from the hydrostat to the bottom of the tranny housing. It appears to be a pick-up line to get fluid to the hydrostat it's self.
JimT

BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby BigBill » Sat Oct 25, 2008 2:43 pm

In the last Cub Connection magazine there was a guy who made a 4x4 using two hydro tranny's. I believe he had two 147 tranny's . There has to be a way to switch the hydrualic flow on one tranny so it would drive in the opposite direction so both trannys would be in sync. I'll have to dig it up again and reread it. It maybe the way to go rather than turn the ring gear around when the final drives are installed.

Return to “Lo-Boy Series - 154, 184, 185”