This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Oh shoot...

IH CUB Lo-Boy Series - 154, 184, 185 Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Lo-Boy related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Lance Leitzel
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 45011
Tractors Owned: 1960 Loboy
1974 154 Loboy
1968 72 Cub Cadet
Circle of Safety: Y

Oh shoot...

Postby Lance Leitzel » Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:25 am

Well, things were going really well getting ready for my son's birthday party yesterday, when I was down mowing in the bottoms with my 154. Somehow I ran over a tree that was hidden in the tall grass and ended up watching my 3260 mower deck rise up and poke a hole in my oil pan. I knew they put that light on the dash for some reason. :oops:

Thankfully the engine didn't run long with the oil light on, I turned it off right away. I checked it a bit latter and I could still turn the engine by hand. Well, I guess this is a good chance to fix that oil drip on the 154. :cry:

Anything else I should look for on this engine?

Thanks - Lance
Ego diligo meus tracti.
(I love my tractors)

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Re: Oh shoot...

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:06 am

More than likely you caught it in time. While the pan is off check the pick up screen to make sure it is not damaged. Once it is running again, watch the oil pressure, and watch for smoke. If it ran long enough to cause damage it will show up there.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113

Postby Bigdog » Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:20 am

I agree with John. If you shut it down immediately after seeing the light you should be OK. Just watch oil pressure closely and perhaps an oil change after an hour or two of running time and inspect the drained oil for contaminates.
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

Lance Leitzel
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 45011
Tractors Owned: 1960 Loboy
1974 154 Loboy
1968 72 Cub Cadet

Postby Lance Leitzel » Tue Sep 23, 2008 2:11 pm

Well, I fired it up again with a replacement oil pan. Other than having to prime the oil pump, I think I'm back in business. I didn't see or hear anything out of the ordinary. It is amazing that a zerk fitting could punch such a nice hole in the old one. :{_}:

Lance
Ego diligo meus tracti.
(I love my tractors)

deputy jailer
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby deputy jailer » Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:03 am

Lance Leitzel wrote:Well, I fired it up again with a replacement oil pan. Other than having to prime the oil pump, I think I'm back in business. I didn't see or hear anything out of the ordinary. It is amazing that a zerk fitting could punch such a nice hole in the old one. :{_}:

Lance

Lance
good to hear no further damge was found, now go out and enjoy some more seat time :D :D

BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Postby BigBill » Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:06 am

Do you have the mower deck height stops inplace on the tractor? Its those two pieces of pipes with rubber caps to limit the mower deck when raising it. That should stop the oil pan from getting hit right?

I had two crashes with stumps already with my 154 with the 3260 deck on. One crash picked up the tractor when i hit a stump hidden in the grass. I told my son to cut the stumps flush with the ground and he missed one. After letting it sit i regrouped and pulled the deck and heated some parts and put them were they belong and welded them inplace. My 3260 still looks like new so far. But it has seen the battle conditions already. (brush cutting) My 3260 deck thinks its a brush hog sometimes. (kidding) :lol:
I'm technically misunderstood at times i guess its been this way my whole life so why should it change now.

Doper
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Doper » Wed Oct 29, 2008 7:59 pm

You mean stump jumper right ? ha ha :lol:

Return to “Lo-Boy Series - 154, 184, 185”