What to do With Engine

IH CUB LoBoy Series - 154, 184, 185 Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your LoBoy related issues.

Moderator: Team Cub

Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.

What to do With Engine

Postby Big B » Sat Apr 12, 2008 8:59 am

I have a Lo Boy 154, not sure of the year, I never could find a tag on it (maybe someone can tell me how I could figure out the year). Anyway, I decided after trying to sell it unsuccessfully, to take the transmission and fix my Farmall Cub and sell the rest of the parts on E-bay or somewhere.
I was just wondering what would be the best way to sell the engine. As a complete unit or break it down. It runs great, a little oil smoke when cranked up cold. Probably has many more hours left before rebuild is necessary.
My son wants to keep it for a spare. I told him we didn’t need another engine sitting around with his spare V-8 and 6 cylinder. The one in the Farmall Cub has been running since 1947, I guess. We got it about 1973 and have rebuilt it twice and she just keeps on ticking.
Any suggestions?
Big B

Re: What to do With Engine

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Sat Apr 12, 2008 9:01 am

My suggestion is to sell the engine complete, many people want them to upgrade their cubs.
"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government
to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the
government lest it come to dominate our lives and interests." Patrick Henry
John *.?-!.* cub owner
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide

Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Return to LoBoy Series - 154, 184, 185