This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Are trans same

IH CUB Lo-Boy Series - 154, 184, 185 Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Lo-Boy related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
muleboss
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 66839
Circle of Safety: Y

Are trans same

Postby muleboss » Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:35 pm

Is a 154 transmission and a F cul Transmission housing the same? Can I use a 154 housing with F cub inards on Fcub? Will the finals interchange? I know about brakes being different but if I change both, will they not be useable. Problem is that I have a bad rear section on an Fcub and have a good 154 rear section. Why not swap?
Thanks Bob

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Daniel H.
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 27055
Tractors Owned: 1951 Super A
1955 Cub Lo-boy
1955 Ferguson TO-35
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Daniel H. » Wed Mar 26, 2008 3:23 pm

The transmission should swap right in, but you will have to change the input shaft. The finals are different, they are rotated 90 degrees to lower the height, and the mounting bolt pattern is different; you can't just spin them around. The insides should swap, though.
The four most expensive words in tractor restoration: "We might as well..."

Return to “Lo-Boy Series - 154, 184, 185”