This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Another Carb question

IH CUB Lo-Boy Series - 154, 184, 185 Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Lo-Boy related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
John in Ct
10+ Years
10+ Years

Another Carb question

Postby John in Ct » Sun Mar 16, 2008 8:18 pm

I am working on my IH 154 carb ( see a previous post from a couple of days ago). In case that doesn't work out I want to have a backup plan. A few years ago I got an NOS IH carb # 364 579 R91 ( which I think will work with my 154) and I have a few qusetions on if I have to use it. It is dusty from all of the years and needs to be cleaned. Should I disasemble it, soak it in a carb cleaner dip like a regular used carb? I really didn't want to scrape the gaskets off which I am sure are stuck on it. It also has a little corrosion near the gasket.
Also, a 154 carb uses a different choke shaft so should I use my good 154 bottom? If I were to use my 154 bottom, what else should I swap to use with my NOS top? I could use the NOS bottom too ( with my 154 choke shaft) but where the choke shaft comes out of the NOS carb ( splined end) there is a plug on a 154 carb instead of the second dust shield. That plug is no longer available, would anyone know where I could get a plug?
Again I would rather use my existing carb but I need a backup plan . Any thoughts, ideas? Thanks!!

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Don McCombs
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 21550
Tractors Owned: "1950 Something" Farmall Cub
1957 Farmall Cub w/FH
1977 International Cub w/FH
1978 International Cub
1948 Farmall Super A
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Don McCombs » Sun Mar 16, 2008 8:39 pm

PM sent.
Don McCombs
MD, Deep Creek Lake

Proud Member of Maryland Chapter 39

The best teachers are those who show you where to look, but don't tell you what to see.
A. K. Trenfor

George Willer
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 43420
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby George Willer » Sun Mar 16, 2008 8:41 pm

'nother PM sent.
George Willer
http://gwill.net

The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog. Ambrose Bierce

Return to “Lo-Boy Series - 154, 184, 185”