This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

IH 154 Carb technical question

IH CUB Lo-Boy Series - 154, 184, 185 Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Lo-Boy related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
John in Ct
10+ Years
10+ Years

IH 154 Carb technical question

Postby John in Ct » Fri Mar 14, 2008 5:45 pm

My IH 154 Cub Lo-Boy runs :D good but I have noticed the carb gasket is always a little wet :( . I know about the top half of the IH carb warping. My IH top is from a regular Cub and at one time, it was milled pretty good to get it flat and The idle tube # 251 331 R1 was shortened too ( not by me).
I took it apart today and put the top half back on WITHOUT a gasket to see how the fit would be and found that the idle tube # 251 331 R1 was keeping the halves apart. The distance apart was close to the gasket thickness. I was thinking that the idle tube # 251 331 R1 is still too long and that I should shorten it even more. I am :?: not sure how long the idle tube should be taking into account my milled top half. Should it touch the bottom of the hole? Also, what drill bit is the ID of the idle tube # 251 331 R1 in case I need to reem it after cutting? Thanks!! :D

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Bigdog » Fri Mar 14, 2008 6:52 pm

John - first of all, be aware that there is a small orifice in the threaded end of the tube so if you cut it and try to clean out the inside with a drill bit don't go down too far. I have seen tractors running without the idle tube even in place so I don't think you will create a problem by taking a small amount off the tube. I would think .030" to .040" would be plenty as long as that gives you enough distance with the gasket in place.
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

Return to “Lo-Boy Series - 154, 184, 185”