This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Rear Brakes on my INT154 cub

IH CUB Lo-Boy Series - 154, 184, 185 Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Lo-Boy related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Rear Brakes on my INT154 cub

Postby BigBill » Sat Aug 11, 2007 6:08 pm

When i take my tranny apart on my int154 cub to repair the first/rev fork I been planning on doing more work on it. I have some extra brake material left over from a brake lining friction test we did on my last job. I have some of what they call (nicknamed) "Green Gripper" because it worked so good. Its a very high friction material woolven in with brass. Its the best stopping power wise we ever tested and used in the disc brakes on the modern elevators today. I read about using a JB weld epoxy and adding rivets to apply them to the brake bands on my cub. Has anyone ever relined there brake bands on there cubs?

I also found out where my company got the green gripper material they found it at http://www.mcmastercarr.com along with the rivets and the tool for the rivets. Hmmm I wonder how it would work on the clutch discs too? Maybe on the cub cadets as a clutch disc.

We were driving a 12,000lb mass at 250rpm and stopping it around 18,000in.lbs. with two disc brake setups. The 18,000in.lbs was the readout on a 200,000in.lb torque transducer. Were talking 12" rexord couplings too. The 269HT electirc motor used has the power / torque of 28 427 chevy engines. It was the second largest used in the world trade center on the elevators. The 339HT was the largest used in the world trade center those elevators were run at 1,700 ft per minute. Were talking a 6' diameter armature too its no starter/generator.......
I'm technically misunderstood at times i guess its been this way my whole life so why should it change now.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Lurker Carl
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 16685
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Lurker Carl » Sat Aug 11, 2007 10:08 pm

I don't think you need to get carried away with super high friction linings on a Cub. If you really need that kind of stopping power, the Cub is sorely overloaded and you should consider a larger machine. Otherwise, you're gonna have some touchy brakes and that's gonna be hard on tires or turf. I think it would make for too much grab in the clutch as well. You need a bit of slippage for smooth operation and to keep from breaking things.
"Chance favors the prepared mind."
- Louis Pasteur

"In character, in manners, in style, in all things, the supreme excellence is simplicity."
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

Return to “Lo-Boy Series - 154, 184, 185”