This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Hi- new to this forum and questions about Cub Lo-Boy 154

IH CUB Lo-Boy Series - 154, 184, 185 Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Lo-Boy related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
john
10+ Years
10+ Years

Hi- new to this forum and questions about Cub Lo-Boy 154

Postby john » Fri Jun 29, 2007 3:45 am

Hi,

I'm new to this group. After about 6 years and destroying two tractors (one lawn tractor 18 hp, 42 inch and one garden tractor 25hp 48 inch), due to my 2.5 acres, half being pretty rough, I decided to look for something pretty durable that should last. I found a Cub Lo-Boy 154, 60 inch mower and plow for $1600, Everythin runs, works, etc., just little rust. Does that sound like a good deal? The fella selling it isn't sure of the manuf. date but it looks like a 73-76 (yellow and white in color, standard rear wheels, not the very large ones).

Along with my question if it's a good deal, can I put a front loader on it and does anyone know the name, manuf., and model of one.

Thanks for all your help in advance.

jc

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Bigdog » Fri Jun 29, 2007 6:57 am

Welcome aboard! The price on the lo-boy isn't bad if it's in decent shape. There are loaders available for them but you'll likely have to find a used one as I don't think they are being produced today. (I could be wrong)
Manufacturers names I can't recall offhand but I'm sure someone will be along shortly with the info.
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

Into Tractors
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 45387

Postby Into Tractors » Fri Jun 29, 2007 8:04 am

Welcome to the Forum, John. The price sounds "Fair", but as BD said, depends on the condition and such.

As far as a loader, don't think anyone produces them anymore, but you'll run across them occasionally on eBay and such.

If you do a search on the Forum for it, you should find a recent thread along the same lines. There was a numbered series being sold, and it had a loader. The deal may not have happened, and it might be availible?

Not sure where you are located, but I thought it was here in Ohio?
Mike Duncan

wrhayes
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby wrhayes » Mon Jul 02, 2007 5:13 pm

Glen @ Little Red Tractor had one @ Red Power for a numbered Lo-Boy
if he didn't sell it. Skip

Return to “Lo-Boy Series - 154, 184, 185”