This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Cab for my 154 cub

IH CUB Lo-Boy Series - 154, 184, 185 Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Lo-Boy related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Cab for my 154 cub

Postby BigBill » Wed Nov 01, 2006 5:35 pm

I found a SIMS Cab for my 154 cub locally and i picked it up for my cub. Since i'm setting it up for snowplowing I figure a cab would be the best thing besides a plow and chains. I never had a snowplow with heat yet anyway. I been testing all that camo insulated hunting gear and it works great. Sometimes being in the wind is tough on us older guys.
Last edited by BigBill on Wed Nov 01, 2006 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm technically misunderstood at times i guess its been this way my whole life so why should it change now.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Bigdog » Wed Nov 01, 2006 5:46 pm

A cab would be a welcome addition. Unfortunately, I don't have one. Fortunately, I probably haven't spent 30 minutes in the last 3 years plowing snow.
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

Jeff M
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 04071
Tractors Owned: Cubless, but living vicariously through others
'61 Ford 641
Kubota BX 2370

Postby Jeff M » Wed Nov 01, 2006 7:41 pm

I had a Kozy Kab on my Cadet 126. It worked very nicely--oftentimes, I didn't even wear gloves. I kept the back window slid open just a bit to keep the rest of the windows from fogging up. With the cab, weights, chains, and me, that tractor was almost unstoppable. My stepson called it "The Zamboni."

I predict you'll love your cab. Suggestion: electric wiper! :D
Care and feeding of family's Ford 641 ('61)
Kubota BX 1860

BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Postby BigBill » Wed Nov 01, 2006 8:29 pm

The cab seems to be close to 400lbs and me at around 350lbs i shouldn't need wheel weights so just the chains should do it i hope. I never plowed snow with a tractor before I always used my cj5 jeep 4x4 tractor.(homemade frame and seat with locking diff's) I'm hoping my 154 pushes snow like my jeep tractor does too. My cousin on the farm had an international farmall "H" with a snow plow in the front and rear. He would back in the driveway and drop both plows and plow it one shot. That tractor was very impressive to watch. He would plow snow non stop till his customers were done.

The Sims cab came with an electric wiper and rear signals already. I have an AM/FM radio/casset player and a CB radio. I figure i will need a little fan to defrost the windshield. Since the 154 doesn't have a water pump maybe a 12volt heater/defroster will do too. I'm not so sure the generator can handle it all.
I'm technically misunderstood at times i guess its been this way my whole life so why should it change now.

Return to “Lo-Boy Series - 154, 184, 185”