This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

3260 Mower Belt

IH CUB Lo-Boy Series - 154, 184, 185 Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Lo-Boy related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
murph51
Zip Code: 43543

3260 Mower Belt

Postby murph51 » Fri Aug 04, 2023 3:10 pm

My mower drive belt does not stay twisted in the PTO drive pulley (the “v” side of belt is horizontal and not pointing to the center of the pulley)
I just put a new belt on after noticing the problem and damage on the old belt. They both were very tight, I don’t have any adjustment to loosen. (this is a 154 with a 3260 mower) Any thoughts?

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: 3260 Mower Belt

Postby Eugene » Fri Aug 04, 2023 8:09 pm

I have a 3260 mounted on a 154.

Mower deck down, in mowing position. Loosen idler pulleys. You want a bit of slack in your belt. Perhaps 1 inch, maybe a bit less, when you push in on the center of one belt. Set the idlers so that the incoming belt idler, right pulley is lower than the left idler pulley.

You may need to move the PTO pulley to get the idlers to line up. You didn't say what type PTO pulley you had.
I have an excuse. CRS.

murph51
Zip Code: 43543

Re: 3260 Mower Belt

Postby murph51 » Sat Aug 05, 2023 6:14 am

Thanks Eugene. My drive pulley is splined with a pin through it. The pulley is positioned to the rear to give me belt clearance for the 3 point bracket. I have no idler adjustment left, I think the B158 belt is too short, the original one that failed was from Hamilton Bob’s, I don’t know the actual size.