This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Throttle control

IH CUB Lo-Boy Series - 154, 184, 185 Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Lo-Boy related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Plumberspieco
Zip Code: 44024

Throttle control

Postby Plumberspieco » Sun May 01, 2022 7:55 am

I’ve been sorting out my newly acquired 154 from last December and have been making headway. One of the things that plagued me years ago on my last one and I’m sure many of you have experienced the flimsy throttle control. When things get stuck just apply more pressure and it’ll be fine until you investigate to find the throttle bracket nice and bent or the cable bent. Unfortunately I don’t have the before pics but I’m sure you know what I’m talking about.

I won’t bore you with the make sure the cable is lubed or make sure the shaft at the governor is free. Oh I just did. New assemblies are around $50 give or take and will still be flimsy but will work fine if everything is just dandy. Finding a cheap one to make work takes more time than it’s worth. Rather than invent the wheel I cut off the offensive area and made a new piece. The existing material is 16 gauge and the material that I had laying around was 14 gauge and had a bend already on it. Just make sure the fit in the original bracket is as snug as you can make it. In my fit of aggravation I just free hand it and didn’t want to take the time to dimension things out on paper for reference. So here’s the result.
05063CCD-9910-4A2C-90E8-F22DA6B0B6CC.jpeg
Attachments
E9610CBA-51A8-42F4-A659-C9A30B2167E5.jpeg
0A2891FE-476F-449A-BDFC-45C8060C3167.jpeg
911EF812-12ED-4D0E-9FBE-9D4DB9F10FA4.jpeg

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to “Lo-Boy Series - 154, 184, 185”