This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

184 Clutch Replacement

IH CUB Lo-Boy Series - 154, 184, 185 Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Lo-Boy related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
tucker86
Zip Code: 00000
Tractors Owned: International 184 w/ Woods 59LB Mower

184 Clutch Replacement

Postby tucker86 » Thu Sep 23, 2021 4:15 pm

My 184 clutch is at the limit of adjustment and it is starting to not shift as smooth as expected. I have been making plans to replace the clutch once the mowing season ends. The plan will be to put a full clutch kit in it and change the PTO belts at the same time. I would like to use the opportunity while things are apart to inspect and replace anything else that is worn to avoid having to tear into it again in the near future.

I was wondering if the forum has any suggestions of what to inspect or replace while doing the clutch replacement? For example, is it worth inspecting and replacing the PTO shaft bearings if needed. Thanks in advance.
1977 International 184
Woods LB59 Mower

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

outdoors4evr
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 48370
Tractors Owned: 184

Re: 184 Clutch Replacement

Postby outdoors4evr » Fri Sep 24, 2021 8:28 am

I would consider replacing the throwout bearing assembly as well.
Also, inspect the driveshaft for wear. These tend to wear where the clutch rides.

Regarding the PTO, the first bearings that wear out are the PTO Belt tightener bearings. Those turn whenever the engine is running. They rattle when they wear and can be changed without removing the belts. I used this bearing FAFNIR203KRR5 inside the pulley.
184 w/ Creeper & 3-Point
IH 3160a Mower
IH Model 15 Tiller
IH-54 Blade

Return to “Lo-Boy Series - 154, 184, 185”