This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

154 Wiring diagram

IH CUB Lo-Boy Series - 154, 184, 185 Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Lo-Boy related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
seanthenry
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 41051
Tractors Owned: Cub Lo-Boy 154 1969
Cub Cadet 1000 series 2005
Kioti 3510 2018

154 Wiring diagram

Postby seanthenry » Tue Jun 16, 2020 11:02 pm

I'm looking for a wiring diagram for the 154, its 12v neg ground. (I did a search and all the diagrams are on sites that are gone.)

Primarily I'm looking for the oil wire and clutch switch I think I have the rest figured out.

The tractor has been sitting for over a year with a stuck 2-3 gear and had the tabs snapped off. Got that fixed and now I need to replace the throttle and choke cables. Doing this I noticed most the wires are trash some have been rewired removing the ammeter and adding about 8 wire nuts. I need to clean this up and was surprised the lo-boy started so easily with the three wires on the regulator being more oxide than wire and same for the + on the igniter.

Thanks and here is to getting a Lo-boy back in service.

outdoors4evr
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 48370
Tractors Owned: 184

Re: 154 Wiring diagram

Postby outdoors4evr » Wed Jun 17, 2020 7:14 am

Now that you have 3 posts, you have access to the manuals. Click on "Quick Links" in the upper left corner and choose "PDF Manuals"
Select [IH LoBoy Series - 154, 184, 185] and then [Cub-154 Lo-Boy]

The throttle cable might not be the problem. Disconnect the cable at the front of the tractor (near the governor) and see if the actuating lever is stuck. Use a good penetrating fluid (Not WD40) and soak it for a few days. It is a cast part so don't put your back into it getting it moving.
Replacing the throttle cable (a solid wire) is a REAL pain. I would lubricate it from the top and try to get it moving.
184 w/ Creeper & 3-Point
IH 3160a Mower
IH Model 15 Tiller
IH-54 Blade

seanthenry
5+ Years
5+ Years
Kioti 3510 2018

Postby seanthenry » Wed Jun 17, 2020 1:04 pm

I have the manuals but it does not show an actual wiring diagram in the operators manual on page 22 you sort of have one but if is hard to follow where each wire runs. It looks like wire 5 Oil sensor goes connects over to wire 7, Also the - on the ammeter has two wires on it that go to two different locations in the multi connector and then it v's off into the rats nest that is the light switch. I can follow it but it is hard to see where everything is if there was a pin out wiring diagram it would be much easier.

The closest I could find is on https://ricardolevinsmorales.com/cub-lo ... g-diagram/ but it is missing details like oil sensor and clutch switch.

I need to replace the throttle cable it was snapped I rigged up an external throttle when I last used it with a few bolts and some picture wire. The choke was bent and needed to be replaced also.

This would all be easier if i could work on it during the day and not by flashlight at night when everyone is sleeping or if the lower half of the multi connector has different colored wires they are all "rust colored". I will be only installing the ignition wiring and leaving all accessories out for now since I need to run new wires and have no idea of the lights work. I probably will install a bus bar so I can easily connect all always on and have a separate switched + bus bar, if I feel like going that route or order it before I finish working on it.

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Eugene » Wed Jun 17, 2020 6:20 pm

You need the service manual which shows the wiring diagram in block/plain format. You can trace the wires through the connecters.

Edit: The wiring diagrams are available at - - PDF Manual Web Archive - MTD Productsmanuals.mtdproducts.com
I have an excuse. CRS.

BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Postby BigBill » Mon Jun 22, 2020 11:40 am

I'm technically misunderstood at times i guess its been this way my whole life so why should it change now.

seanthenry
5+ Years
5+ Years
Kioti 3510 2018

Postby seanthenry » Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:03 pm

Thanks for the replies that is exactly what I needed.

I'm getting close iot getting the wiring finished so I can start it again. Then it's on to the pto I think its just the bent connector and the bearings.