This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Rewinding my 154

IH CUB Lo-Boy Series - 154, 184, 185 Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Lo-Boy related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Rewinding my 154

Postby BigBill » Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:59 am

I just purchased 1/0 welding cable for battery cables. Reels of 12 ga wire in four different colors. Not much to rewire. Starting system, charging system, lights, ignition system. For the oil pressure I’m using a gauge instead of a light. Plus I purchased the ribbed flexible conduit to run the wires in. I have the clamps to hold the conduit inplace too.

Since I have three 154’s I’m going to measure each wire and lay it out on a plywood board with finish nails. Then I can reproduce each wire again pre made.

I noticed on my #3 154 the battery cables have acid inside the cable all the way from the battery to the solenoid.
I'm technically misunderstood at times i guess its been this way my whole life so why should it change now.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

mozer71
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 22650

Re: Rewinding my 154

Postby mozer71 » Sat Sep 07, 2019 4:00 pm

12 gauge is a serious upgrade. Forgive me but you may need a fuse box. Those thinner wires can fry out if a short occurs and that is good compared to burning a generator. But you know that and its going to be fine.

BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby BigBill » Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:07 pm

This machine has been one thing after another. Now it’s rewiring. It’s my first 154 that has a rebuilt engine and 3pt hitch. I rebuilt the pto thanks to hamiltonbobscubs for parts just two bearings.

I’m going to solder the terminals then shrink boot each one.
I'm technically misunderstood at times i guess its been this way my whole life so why should it change now.

mozer71
5+ Years
5+ Years

Postby mozer71 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 4:29 am

There are inline fuses too . Don't matter. You are getting some strong amperage now to prepare us . I think that is pretty cool.
Well, actually fuses do matter.

mozer71
5+ Years
5+ Years

Postby mozer71 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 5:03 am

Oh. You've been through it in many tractors. Sometimes I need to sit back and read but don't we all want to be part of the discussion? i mean , one of us are going away before the other. It isn't like "fire all of yours guns at once and fly into space". anymore
So we are beyond that thinking and become attached to personalities. How freakin ever, Men and Women who served come back are damaged . Horrible damage. We need to think about this too. They would Love to be able to mow with one of our tractors.

BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby BigBill » Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:58 pm

There’s one fuse for the lights I think I’ll check the wiring diagram. It’s easier to rewire it. The local mower repair guy called the int154 a mowing machine. I say it’s comfort when mowing. This one runs sweet. I just have that nitch for old engines.

My third int154 needs battery cables the acid is all the way to the solenoid. I want to make a special pin for the flywheel. And it needs a carb rebuilt. This one has the creeper and snowplow.

My second int154 project fel/backhoe my son was pulling parts. And putting them in one box. I just need to fab sides on the front bucket and the fel is done. Then it’s fab the subframe from the fel Arms to the rear frame. With my engineering son with me I can pass on my knowledge of fabrication, hydraulics ect. I need to give him more hands on. He’s very smart book wise. He worked with me for decades. He helped me with my Jeep tractor. He’s having fun too.

mozer71
5+ Years
5+ Years

Postby mozer71 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:08 am

Is it okay to just say I really like you. It is combination of assistance over years and more to where a man has sons to carry on the knowledge. This has all been done before but a person needs to know how to do it.

BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby BigBill » Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:51 pm

My son the engineer is going to learn hands on more with fabrication and hydraulics. The structural fabrication and which way to add strength is the key element. Hydraulics is all about flow. How to connect the cylinders and valves plus do the tubing. I help anyone who wants to learn. Doing tubing is an art by itself.

Return to “Lo-Boy Series - 154, 184, 185”