This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

IH 3260 vs Woods L59

IH CUB Lo-Boy Series - 154, 184, 185 Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Lo-Boy related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
mozer71
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 22650

Re: IH 3260 vs Woods L59

Postby mozer71 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:46 pm

Man you know this. We have to be perceptive about what is under the tall grass. The front wheels give a clue and touch the elevation lever. Dang stump or lawn ornament. I can't go on about a 3160A like it is the best. It is just the one which came with the my154. It is really heavy compared to little stuff yet not so heavy to require wheels. It has one front roller and side skids.
It is mostly suspended due to the hydraulic cylinder and associated linkages on the "rock" arms.
Nothing hangs up except too tall grass, not exiting correctly.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Dcroyle
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 16114
Tractors Owned: 79 184
44 BN
62 JD2010
78 WH
73 WH

Postby Dcroyle » Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:43 pm

Ya. It sounds a little crazy but I put the house about 350' off the Rd in the woods. Cleared about 2+ acers,wore out 2 Wheel Horses on the drive and backfilling drains, putting in a yard and mowing. Pulled every thing around with the BN and if a tree or stump was to big for that it became firewood. How I ended up with my 184. So some places around the outside of the yard or down my trails can be a little ruff. It was a simple question if anyone used both and what they thought. I could always just mow a little higher but what fun is that. Like I can mow in 2nd but leave it in 1st just to hear that c60 run. Thanks everyone

mozer71
5+ Years
5+ Years

Postby mozer71 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:04 am

For some reason on craigslist, an L59 is described as a 48" deck. They must mean that they have smaller blades. The IHC 3160 is actually 59" swath of blades which is near 5' instead of 4' . It is the way you gain it by the flexibility of adjusting on the fly. Coming across irregular or heavy root, raise in time and lower. Proceed as normal across shorter grass. It is a belly mower so you can see what is happening.
In the deep of night, I can tell you something.
My 154 was my first larger tractor than so many smaller garden tractors. I mowed where otherwise would have required much larger tractors and they had rear decks. I was ill and it costs a lot of money to do what we used to do with the 154 and one good smaller mower tractors as back-up.

mozer71
5+ Years
5+ Years

Postby mozer71 » Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:20 pm

I thought I had corrected my deck info in all posts. It is a 3260. Probably fond of it because essentially rebuilt it.( without really knowing its ID, without the net etc ) I can't say anything bad about Woods decks. Lucky to have one and apparently they work great.
My particular situation involves steep slopes and ground roots to beneficial trees. My 3260 deck has to adjusted regularly while mowing, unless I have to come around with a weed wacker. That is what is good about it, tied to the correct linkages. It is heavy enough to withstand most anything but a stump or concrete but light enough to be adjusted to ground zero or way above.

Return to “Lo-Boy Series - 154, 184, 185”