This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

IH 154 PTO shaft Bearing

IH CUB Lo-Boy Series - 154, 184, 185 Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Lo-Boy related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
yellowcub
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 06415

IH 154 PTO shaft Bearing

Postby yellowcub » Fri May 03, 2024 11:49 am

I am replacing the PTO shaft bearing near the front pulley, IH Part # 549 165 R91 which replaces 491 590 R91. The old one was a 2 piece design. The new one is a little longer, 1 piece design. I can't get the pulley, spacer and new bearing assembly to fit in between the front and rear snap rings. Any ideas? Did I get the correct new bearing from IH( that is now a little longer)? I guess I could get rid of the rear snap-ring and hope the 2 set screws hold it in place.

SONNY
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 61722

Re: IH 154 PTO shaft Bearing

Postby SONNY » Wed May 08, 2024 10:32 am

check with Motion Industries for bearings! I found the stuff from IH is made wrong and dont fit. Never did get any gasket for the 504 downpipe. They claim it dont show one in the parts list. Mine was leaking when I got it and id drives me nuts plus extra heat blowing out against the block!
Anyway check Motion for bearing match up. They go by actual dimensions .