This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Clearing land on acreage.

Farming and rural life discussion forum. Cooking, hunting, gardening, fishing, critters, etc.
Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051
Circle of Safety: Y

Clearing land on acreage.

Postby Eugene » Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:21 am

Yesterday son and I took the skid steer and ripped out tree stumps and roots from about 1/2 acre. Guessing 30 to 40 stumps removed in just over an hour. Managed to remove all but 3 stumps, the roots had not rotted off.

The trees were cut down leaving 3 or 4 feet of stumps above the ground, any where from 4 to 6 years ago. Root sprouts were sprayed to kill the roots.

Bumped the tree stump with the skid steer to knock over the stump and loosen the root ball. Most of the stumps and root balls came out without a problem. Some, we used the pallet fork tines to break up the roots to remove the root ball and stump.

This afternoon wife and I will take garden hoes and shovels to push the torn up soil back into the root ball hole. Will stake steel T posts on the stumps we could not remove. Also pile up downed branches for burnable brush pile.
I have an excuse. CRS.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to “Farm Life and Better Half Forum”