This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

ONIONS

Farming and rural life discussion forum. Cooking, hunting, gardening, fishing, critters, etc.
SONNY
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 61722

ONIONS

Postby SONNY » Fri Mar 25, 2016 11:25 pm

Got the onion plants on Monday and had all 2,500 of them planted by Tuesday night at 8 p.m.( I am still trying to get ole back to quit hurting! LOL! )---It started raining later that night, and we had a little over .5 when it quit.--(got lucky there!)---ground too wet to work or to get creeper out of garden.
The plants made 4 and 2/3rds. rows a couple hundred feet long.---This year I planted them in 72" rows so I have room to care for them with bigger equipment and run the water bar later on when it gets dry.---still have to apply fert. and herbicides on them, have quite a bit of compost ready to till in between the rows too.
Taters will go in as soon as I can work ground again,---the sugar beets need to be in the ground right now too, but didn't quite make it yet! thanks; sonny

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Mike H
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 49945
Tractors Owned: IH 185
Farmall M
1972 SS12 retro fitted
1977 F150 pull truck
1978 F250 4x4 bush truck

Re: ONIONS

Postby Mike H » Wed Mar 30, 2016 12:14 pm

our onions are up and growing in the flat.
still waiting for weather to break [and snow to melt]

rhubarb seed did sprout so we have about 15 plants to put out this year.
tomatoes and peppers plants are a inch tall.

Mike

Return to “Farm Life and Better Half Forum”