Mr. Woodchuck changes his mind.

Sat Jul 12, 2014 8:33 pm

The walkways in my hoop-house are 80-90% concrete, but some woodchucks got in last week, where the floor is still dirt, under a door, and devastated some crops. First thing I did was put some electric fence wire near the burrow. Activity stopped. Then I bought a game camera (which sees really good in darkness). Nothing for 3 days then this morning at 10:27 a.m. it got this:

Re: Mr. Woodchuck changes his mind.

Sat Jul 12, 2014 8:35 pm

I have a raised bed with 27" wooden sides. It's about 6' x 16' and I had the best crop of sweet potatoes. Evidently they climbed up the sides and ate 99% of the leaves, over the course of 2 nights.

Watching this frame-by-frame in MovieMaker is interesting... he takes it on the upper lip, then his mouth opens, then he thinks about it for 1.4 seconds, then he retreats !

Sun Jul 13, 2014 5:09 am

Shocking event!

Sun Jul 13, 2014 9:32 am

Ain't that a revolting turn of events!!

Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:38 am

He ate my pumpkins, so I got him in the pumpkin.

Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:59 pm

Looks like he ain't gonna eat them pumpkins no more. I killed one recently but not sure if it was legal so I can't tell ya I did it how on the internet.

Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:30 pm

Hmmmmm, Ed was saying you use a Hav-A-Heart and you drop them off at his place…..Not that I want to start anything…. :dog:

Fri Sep 12, 2014 3:02 pm

Critters devastated muskmelons. Critters only picked on the ripe melons. Son purchased a live trap. Put pieces of ruined melons in trip. Three groundhogs, one possum and one skunk trapped and removed. Live trap has been sitting on some hay bales for weeks airing out from the skunk.

Sat Sep 13, 2014 4:44 pm

pickerandsinger wrote:Hmmmmm, Ed was saying you use a Hav-A-Heart and you drop them off at his place…..Not that I want to start anything…

I been taking them there all summer, he'll never know !